I am a seventeen year old male in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and a few months ago I ended a romantic relationship with a girl who, in tandem with her friend, have been harassing me online (on a site called "Formspring"; you may or may not be familiar with it) and have posted several libellous statements about me on it. I warned them to stop with a rudimentary cease and desist letter I drew up and it stopped for a while. Then it started again. I ignored it until tonight I came home and found that they had created a fictitious page for my current girlfriend posting derogatory material about her and her younger siblings on it. Needlessly to say I am disgusted and she is distraught...my question is, do I have a real case here for harassment, and perhaps identity theft as well?

The only concern I have about my own case was when they harassed me, my replies were equally vicious, but I did not go beyond replying to them and harassing them myself. However, the identity theft of a third party was entirely unprovoked.