Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Phone for student

Okay, I've been debating whether I need a data plan or not. And finally, I've said no. However, what I DO need is a phone that has qwerty and wifi. That's it. I can Skype via the campus' wifi so that's fine. I don't care about HSDPA or whatever it is. All I care is for it to have wifi and qwerty. Preferably as thin as possible. I was trying to stay away from the Samsung SGH-i600 because it's so damn expensive so that's that. If I've FORCED to get it, then I can't help it, but hopefully, you guys can think of something else.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Phone for student

tmobile dash?

we (well they, I don't usally read these threads) need to know what phone carrier you use ect. The i600 will not work on verizon or sprint, and the 6800 for verizon and sprint will not work on cingular or tmobile. Btw blackjack does not have wifiso your a bit stuck there.

As I see it you have a handful of choices:

A: tmobile dash
    B: treo w. wifi SD card (sprint, verizon, cingular)
    C: Cingular 8125 or 8525
    D: Sprint 6700 (horrible phone)
    E: Sprint/verizon 6800

Phone for student

Well first of all, you need to tell us what carrier you will use. If you don't know, you need to pick one as that is the 1st and most important step in the process.

Find the carrier that provides the best coverage where you will use the phone - i.e. where you live, work, go to school, travel, etc. Don't rely on the coverage maps, talk to friends, family, classmates, coworkers etc and find out that they use and recommend. Once you decide on the carrier, then pick a phone.

Phone for student

I600 has wifi. Those devices are too expensive. I can only use Verizon, Sprint, or Cingular. I don't really like Verizon though, especially for data.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information