Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

SE s500i vs SE w810i

Hey folks,

I had my mind set on the w810i, but I recently discovered the sexy SE s500i. What I am looking for in a phone is features, all-in-one (music, cam), compatibility, easy to use, and future proof (at least 2-3 years).

The only real advantage i see with each phone is the following:

w810i
    - Walkman megabass

s500i
    - A2DP

I got into the w810i since it had everything i ever needed in one device. I dont have an ipod or any new mp3 player (my current is an old 128mb RCA with 1GB SD card that has 4 hour battery life ).

Which one has longer battery life and longer music life?

Also, since you are the experts, which phone is better for my needs (or just better overall)? I realize the s500i does look better visually, but thats really subjective. Does either phone have a mode where you can turn off the phone and just use it as a mp3 player (like an airplane mode)?

I'm currently in the GTA, Canada. The w810i is an easier choice since its available at the nearest phone vendor for $99 on a 3yr. I am aware of the branding Rogers does.

Thanks for your time

SE s500i vs SE w810i

i'd get the w810i on account of the fact that the s500i has some QC issues at the moment with the keys. until that's sorted, you're better off with the w810i. if you do get the s500i, the keys may not crack after about a month and the phone may last a whole year without breaking. but personally, i'd rather have some peace of mind. you'll be very very very lucky if your s500i lasts you 2-3 years. the keys are rather fragile and not well constructed. they are very liable to break. even if mollycoddled, they will likely give way after a while due simply to their construction.
    it's up to you.

SE s500i vs SE w810i

Are you not a fan of the w580? It's sort of a combination of the two. You get the music functionality of the W810 in a sleek package like the s500. If it's not out on rogers yet, it will be in the next few weeks. I believe it will be 149.99 on a 3 year. Check the 'july pricing' sticky in the rogers forum for more details on that. Regardless, I'd say it would make an excellent choice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information