Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

"My phone number"

Is there a way to program in your phone number so that it shows up in "my phone number" box in the about section of the settings? Right now it says unknown, which is preventing me from using apps like tikl. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my HTC Dream using Android Community App

"My phone number"

It should show up... this may be a dumb question but do you have a sim card in your phone?

"My phone number"

Yea I have the sim card in, in using the ac app as we speak. I'm rooted, running cyanogen 6, maybe the rooting process effects this, but I was just wondering if there was a way to program it in

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"My phone number"

I'm rooted running cyan 6 also, never programmed it in it's just always been there....

Unfortunately if there is a way to program it I've never heard it.

"My phone number"

I have a similar problem...

When I got my SGS I also got a new SIM on a different network at the same time. I then ported my original number over. Yet "My phone number" still shows the number from before I ported my number (one that now does not even exist). If I put another SIM in it, "My phone number" changes accordingly. Put my normal SIM back in and it goes back to the number that was on the SIM before it was ported. Weird.

I'm guessing from this that the number is stored on the SIM somewhere.

"My phone number"

You need to program the number into the SIM (if not done by your provider), however Android currently lacks the facility to do this.
    You can put the SIM in a suitably equipped phone and set the number permanently - I used my girlfriend's iPhone to set mine. On the iPhone it's Settings --> Phone --> My Number.

"My phone number"

Thanks C0deM0nkey - That gave me the hint I needed figure it out.

Need a "suitably equipped" phone huh?

On my Samsung Galaxy S you go to Contacts -> Menu -> More -> Settings -> Own numbers -> My Number. Set your number. Reboot your phone. Done.

Some phones use the SIM Toolkit app for this.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"My phone number"

That's the price I pay for an N1 I guess - still worth it though

"My phone number"

If it helps, this option was added to the call settings in June to Cyanogen's CM6 ROM. At least according to post #6 here: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/4443-can-i-change-my-phone-number-without-doing-it-on-other-phone/

"My phone number"

Thanks guys, I put my sim card into my spare phone, a samsung memoir, and if had a setting where I was able to put in my own number. Put the sim back in my g1, and boom, there's the number. Now I can use tikl!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information