Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T5 Calendar appts created on the Palm get synced to Outlook as a meeting

I've owned other Palm's and not since getting a new T5 have I had this problem:

After creating a calendar appointment in the palm, it gets synced as a meeting within outlook. Am I doing something wrong? I've seen a similar post in the palmone forums by someone else, but no replies.

Any ideas??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not certain that I'm following you. Are you saying it's getting sync'd as a meeting request? It would then be basically an email.

You may want to reinstall the conduit's and be certain that you've got everything turned off on the PC during the installation by using the Cntrl, Alt, Del keys and bring up the task manager.

I've seen some anomolies with the conduits on new devices getting installed without all of the appropriate dll's etc.

Yes, it's getting sync'd as a meeting request and I guess it is basically an email just like you said.

How do you uninstall conduits. Could I do it by having the T5 cd switch my syncing to the palm desktop, then back to outlook again?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You should be able to simply unistall the software and then reboot the PC.

Then reinstall the software being certain to turn off all of the processes running in the background except systray and explorer (there might be one or two other's but when you pull up the task manager and tell it to turn off the process if the computer needs that file it will reboot).

Be certain that any Antivirus software is turned off especially because it will interfere with the installation.

Since your syncing to Outlook your data is already there and the first sync.....the device will appear with the user name assigned to the T5 and it will see the data on the T5 and sync it so there's nothing special you have to do or worry about.

Which version of Outlook are you using? P1 is not supporting Outlook 98 on the T5 I believe so if your using that version you might have issues.

Hopefully a reinstall will solve the issue...but you may have to rely on P1 tech support on such a new device.

Have you downloaded and installed the Outlook Conduit update for the T5 at http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...daterv102.html yet? This was just released today (November 22) and fixes some of the Outlook bugs, one of which is that the Outlook calendar conduit would incorrectly read an appointment with a location as a meeting request. You should also install the two other T5 updates on that page, even the keyboard one, since it does more than fix keyboard problems.

If you have a T5, it's important that you check the support updates page frequently since the T5 is slightly better than a beta product release and has tons of bugs. Palmone is releasing patches for some of these bugs and all you can hope, if you bought a T5, is that they get most of them fixed before they release OS 6 machines and lose interest in fixing OS 5.x bugs altogether.

Thank you for the link to the updates, but unfortunately it did not fix my problem.

Anyone else out there with a T5 having the same problem????

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, after looking around through other forums I found a fix. It sounded a little suspicious, but it worked. Chris found a way to do it. Read this thread for the answer...

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73741

-Aaron

This "fix" sounds suspicious also. By changing the Attendee key, you may solve the meeting notice issue but you'll also not get any attendee information from meetings sent to you in Outlook. Supposedly, this update was going to fix this problem but it apparently hasn't. If I had a T5, I would be so fed up that I'd pay the money to get Chapura's Pocket Mirror XT. It syncronizes the new fields in the T3/T5 series and works correctly. I just don't have much confidence Palm is ever going to write a bug free Outlook conduit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information