Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

high capacity SD cards

What's the highest capacity SD card that I can use in my Palm?

high capacity SD cards

With the T|T, I think the absolute limit is 2 gb although 1 gb is probably the more realistic maximum.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

high capacity SD cards

Max size cards are:

1.5GB for T3, T2, Zire 71 and 31. (Palm says 1.5GB cards exist, although I have not seen one.)

2GB for Treo 650, 600, Tungsten T5, E2, Zire 72 and LifeDrive

Here's the link to PalmOne support page if you want greater detail:
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...l2001,Case=obj(34080)

If the link doesn't work, do a search for "Solution ID 34080" in the PalmOne Support Knowledge Library.

OldBlue

high capacity SD cards

I have a tungsten T. So I guess it's 1.5 gb for me too?

high capacity SD cards

1.5 GB cards?! Interesting....
    I've seen 2 Gig ones.... Surely there's no physical limit to the size of the SD card that the T2/T3 etc can address...? If there is a limit, I'd have thought it would be imposed by the OS.
    Has anyone actually tried out a 2GB SD?

high capacity SD cards

karmypolitics, I think 1.5GB is the max for your T. I did searches on www.pricegrabber.com and www.froogle.com and DID find 1.5GB SD cards. Unfortunately, they're the 60X high speed variety and cost around $200. My standard SanDisk 1GB is plenty fast and cost about 1/4 that price on sale. Also, I tried my link posted above and it did not work. If you want to read the official word from PalmOne, you'll have to go to www.palmone.com and click on the "Support" tab. Then click on "Knowledge Library" in the list on the left side of the Support page and then enter "34080" in the text box at "2. Search by Solution ID" in the Knowledge Library page.

iiicRules, I just saw a 4GB SD card announced last week on both palminfocenter.com and rabroad.com! Currently, I've got 2 full movies, a whole bunch of photo albums, hours of music, and a lot of applications and files on my 1GB with plenty of room to spare. I'll probably move to a 2GB once the price drops a little more.

OldBlue

high capacity SD cards

hmm, I think that the lifedrive isn't a big deal because, for a similar price, you could probably get a PDA with a 4 gb SD card which is faster, uses less power, and is more shock resistent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information