Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Life@Hand Status?

Thanks Mooseman, I had hoped I could "vent" without hurting your feelings or insulting your terrific Agendus (and other) abilities. It just frosts me I have to run off and be a beta whore to get my money's worth, you know? God knows we've ALL BEEN beta testers for Iambic, bribed with an upgrade or not, and 3 of the 4 products I mentioned above . . . . discontinued. There is a fundamental CRIME in charging someone more $$$ 6 weeks later, and the fact they make you sign an agreement for a damn "barbershop icon" just tells me they're not done with the ball[squeezing profit taking just yet. Yes, it's a great program and I use 8.06 daily . . . I guess it's like crack . . . first handful free.

Until Life@Hand, I'm trying this new August 5 2005 version of A5:
    http://www.a5agenda.com/
    - seems promising and even better than the previous one I liked. Works with T5, 200k, now skinnable for an additional 4-28k. Fast, no errors, no crashes yet.

Free.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Life@Hand Status?

PTL,

We had the upgrade dicussion and you know it's never an issue to have two different opinions. It would only become an issue if we didn't respect each other's opinions - which will never happen.

When the next gen of Agendus comes out - I'm certain that the pricing issues may raise their head again depending upon a frame of reference.

There are times when I'd just as soon have the old Action Names Datebook application sans all of the other "upgrades".

No program on my Palm has ever been perfect from a my perspective and so my options will always be open to review whatever else is out there.

I continue to monitor Life@hand, MonthlyPlanner, Datebk5 (6 if it ever comes out as well) and whatever else. Looked at the A5 you posted but doesn't seem what I want that might have a chance of replacing Agendus.

The beauty is that the NDA doesn't prevent me from continuing to try other things.......I just can't talk about anything that may or may not be coming from Agendus until it's public info on the web site.....

Life@Hand Status?

I know you're big on contact/meeting management - and A5 won't give you that. I'm very impressed with the list/grid views however - won't have the icons in month view but I'll live with it.

I've uninstalled Agendus, cleaned up the "calendar db notes" and installed/configured A5 in about 1 hour. It's ROCKIN' for my needs, faster, more vivid and readable even with tiny font - but again, no contact management. I don't use that - but know you do.

I'll finish off with something important: Iambic are damn lucky to have you and I wish you were running the damn outfit. There are not many (I can't think of one) who rely so much on contact management and history, but will STILL beta test and risk information corruption so as to help . . . fortunately you're a "restore whiz," and can't be screwed up as long as you can synch/export/clean up/re-import (I'm guessing) -- but it's still "risky." You're a good man to endure all that to find the Agendus bugs, which we all know occur int he first "4 versions" of anything they do.

Life@Hand will have a customer in me if it'll show icons in month view and have definitive day headers (like old Agendus 4/5) instead of "this Monday" and "Next Wednesday," which I always considered silly. Drag and drop would be nice, photos I don't need. The contact management would be useful to me if it wasn't such a pain to "upkeep." Agendus relies on you never deleting anything or the contact history goes with it. Hopefully Life@Hand will allow you to "mark" those events automatically that are used in contact management, and "slectively purge" other records.

I'd have spent more time on that if I were renovating Agendus. Here are 2 quick screenshots of A5, for anyone interested:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Life@Hand Status?

Paul,

Try MonthPlanner with your A5 as well. It gives you Icons, Banner's and drag and drop plus a "today" screen when tapping on the specific day.

$14.00 here at: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52120

Life@Hand Status?

Woohoo!! A5 Plus Monthly Planner = BLISS. Already configured and emailed the developer to see where I send the $14.95 direct (rather than deal w/PalmGear).

Thanks so much - the icons "flashing in rotation" is very cool, since more than 3 per day will fit in the square. All I have to see now is how much "extra junk," a la "#AN icon:34|228848" or "@@@@" (Datebk5) is put in the calendar notes and if they can cause corruption combining A5 and Mo. Planner. I don't think they will.

Cheers! 350k in flash and I'm done. Most truly excellent.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Life@Hand Status?

I thought you might like.......I've been bangin on Iambic for the Banner's for year's.

Sometimes it's the "simple" little things in the Palm life that get's us buy and keeps us happy instead of bloatware.

I'm not certain of the icon encoding but it should just be the note field so should cause much issue?

I could almost use MonthPlanner buy itself.

Life@Hand Status?

Curiously, although I have renamed my icon set (which I developed) to "A5 icons," Agendus deleted them on its uninstall. Furthermore, Mo Planner uses a small note (no "@@@"'s) in the note section - and refers to "AN Icon 32) or what have you. Deleting these notes, obviously, deletes the Monthly Planner link to the icon. How do I remove the icon coding for "AN" using Icon Manager? I did "remove all non-icon objects" thinking that would remove any Agendus coding - but apparently not. Do I have to copy each icon into a different icon set? Found this when doing a search for "#AN" to make usre there weren't any Agendus remnants.

I've got Mo Planner configured to hell and A5 as well - will do a separate thread on results as we're probably way off topic here by now. It's just terrific and yes, you could almost use Mo Planenr by itself (although I know Moose needs the contact history). Other than drag & drop I don't miss Agendus (yet) . . . I installed an Agendus 9 trial and it took me 10 minutes to find all the junk files left after uninstall, and that ALSO deleted "A5 cions" upon removal. A5 has 5 different list iviews separately configurable, along with top bar buttons that can be changed to your preferred function. It's skinnable and my day headers simply say "MON" and "AUG" in caps:

TUE 16 AUG 05 (- black frame, white lettering)

Life@Hand Status?

Paul,

Ping the developer - I think he has MonthPlanner configured to look for Datebk5 or Iambic's icon sets and he uses the same encoding. But I'm not positive so I'd say check with him.

Life@Hand Status?

These are shots (Thank God for TomCatalog) showing that "Actn" still "owns" the icon set, although I SELECTED ALL and COPIED these icons to another separate icon "set" using Icon Manager, and then renamed that "A5 icons."

I thought this would rid the set of any Iambic characteristics - but apparently not. Once i assigned to Monthly Planner, the above screenshots show that "Actn" was assigned to them again. Odd, but your explanation seems the best - the set would either read "DATEBK5" or "ACTN" if he's set up to look for them.

Oh well - not really a waste of time - I'm still learning about "icon properties;" I thougt he "non picture objects" might be coding but thre aren't any "non image objects" in this new set and "Actn" still appears.

Do Action Names have a patent on "those types of icons?"
    I know if I were to install Agendus now without any icons -- and then uninstall it -- it would WIPE OUT the A5 icons! Weird, huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Life@Hand Status?

Renaming the Icon Set would not change the properites away from Iambic.

Deleting the Iambic Icon set will not - not remove the links into the note field. And to the best of my knowledge it won't do it for Datebk5 either - they have moved away from using those annoying @ but.....that's another issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information