Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spyro getting his own movie.

I totally loved Spyro when I was young. It makes me sad, actually, that they produce crap, and insert the purple dragon into it. It really sucks they destroyed the original Spyro continuity with their crap games when they made all the terrible sequels (after either Year of the Dragon or Season of Ice). I mean, I was coming up with better Spyro game ideas when I was ten.

Oh, and Tom Kenny will always be Spyro in my heart.

Well, I am interested in how this movie idea will turn out. Unlike some people here, I actually have enjoyed playing The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning and I do want to get the new game. I thought that the story behind the game was pretty cool. Of course, I never played Spyro on any of the Playstation systems because I never could afford one myself and my older brother at the time hated the idea of sharing that system with me, along with his N64.

Anyway, even though I did enjoy the game itself, I can't picture a movie for Spyro in threaters doing well. Mainly because Spyro isn't that popular. I could see a fairly well movie for TV and Direct-to-DVD doing well. I think that if they use the basic material in the games for the movie, then I think that it could be handled pretty well.

Hey now... I wouldn't mind it, b-but that's just dreaming. :sweat:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hopefully a Crash Bandicoot movie isn't far off after this...

Crash and Spyro to me aren't as big as they once were when they first appeared on the PlayStation 1 games. I mean, a Mario or Sonic film would be a trememdous draw, if they were animated and well done too. DTV or a Telefilm seem more economical.

BTW, speakin' of Spyro, I was at Wendy's last night and they had a Spyro Kid's meal....in case anyone's interrested.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

If Insomniac were handling things I'd say yes buuut... Spyro was never meant to be serious business. :P The original trilogy was soooo fun, the new stuff? BLAH, cookie cutter LOTR-wanna be stuff. *sigh*

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Preach brotha, preach.
    I was praying for a Spyro movie seven years ago, while the original trilogy was still at its peak and I'd spent all winter in my room setting sheep on fire.
    Actually, I'd say the original trilogy is one of my all time favorite games. The first Spyro was my first PS game, in fact.

It's so dissapointing to see such a good game take such a nasty turn. Although I hear the later ones are a tad better than other recent attempts... I'd try my hand at them, if I could rent or borrow buy them for super cheep. But I certainly don't want to spend any reeal cash on them simply for curiosity's sake.

I'll probably end up seeing the movie anyway, though. If for no other reason than morbid curiosity.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information