Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Movies that should have been turned into cartoons

They were originally going to make an Austin Powers cartoon aimed at kids like Ace Ventura and The Mask did.
    I'm also surprised that Star Wars didn't have an animated series in the late 70s or 80s, they had those spinoffs, but they should have had one with Luke Skywalker as a main character, same with Indiana Jones.

Who are "they"? The studio that produced the Austin Powers films?

An Austin Powers animated series could conceivably have worked, but if the series were to be aimed at kids, the sexual innuendo, particularly Austin's "randiness", who have to be have been toned down considerably.

When I first visited Universal Orlando back in 1995, there was some cartoony E.T. merchandise. Anybody else remember these?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You know, if you're going to make a cartoon that messes with the movie's status quo/happy ending, at LEAST make sure things go back to the way they were at the end of the series/season.

The 90's Wizard of Oz cartoon brought back the Wicked Witch and had the Wizard trapped in the hot air balloon as it floated through Oz, and never wrapped anything up.

The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cartoon never saw the defeat of Zoltan & his gang.

I'm pretty sure The Karate Kid cartoon never saw Miyagi & Daniel retrieve that magic artifact they were chasing down throughout the series.

I don't know what other shows did that, but I'd hate to see another movie based cartoon follow that trend.

Shrek is already being written like a Saturday morning cartoon show, they should just break down and produce the rest of the franchise as a TV show rather then have us waist the $10 to go see them in theaters or $25 for buying the DVDs. I wouldn't even watch it on TV but Shrek 3 made me feel like I was watching a poor episode of the Simpsons.

How about Time Bandits? That could be a really fun cartoon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information