Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Cartoon moments: Getting crap past the radar

Cow and Chicken and Rocko's Modern Life could probably fill whole threads on their own.

Here's a surprisingly old example:

There is an episode of the 1973 Superfriends series where a Professor Goodfellow invents a device called the G.E.E.C., which is supposed to be the ultimate computerized labor-saving device.

The Superfriends have just gone to check it out, and Wendy, Marvin and Wonderdog are walking down the street when a van labeled "Prof. Goodfellow's Funmobile" pulls up alongside them and a voice offers to take them for a ride to meet up with the Superfriends. "Don't be afraid, it's perfectly safe," the voice says, "I am testing a fantastic new invention and I'd like the opinion of some young people, I have everything you like in this van, television, rock albums, ice cream, candy, popcorn", etc., and then finishes with "I have something of great interest to you."

I don't know if this was intentional (it probably wasn't), but it's even crazier considering it was made in a time when Saturday morning cartoons were horrendously watered down for children.

You cannot count how many rules Rocko broke during its first season on ten fingers.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I suppose, but considering the bit with Benson at the end...

The episode of Powerpuff Girls where Him turns the entire city against the girls. When he finally has the girls cornered with his army, Him gives his big speech on how everyone's now against them... and proceeds to lick the Professor's face.

Another (possible) Ed, Edd and Eddy PTR moment:

For Your Ed Only: Eddy reads an excerpt from Sarah's diary: "Dear Diary: [Edd] is so cute, last night I dreampt that he gave me a 'horsie.'"

The way Eddy was laughing at the word "horsie" made it sound like something suggestive. Was he really referring to a four-legged animal, or was it a suggestive term?

I think it did qualify back when Saturday Morning cartoons were relevant and in the stranglehold of the networks. But that would have only covered NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox Kids. Kid's WB (home of Freakazoid) and the cable networks have no such restrictions for words like freakin'.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information