Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

On the Joining of Ecosystems...

Just going to throw this out there for discussion. Get ready for it. It's crazy.

Amazon + Nokia

We've heard rumors that Amazon is looking to create an app store of some sort. Perhaps to cater to Kindle. Perhaps to deliver apps to multiple mobile platforms. We know they have a successful music offering. We know they sell a couple of e-books here and there. We know they have a long history of successfully selling Nokia hardware.

What if Nokia and Amazon were to announce some deal wherein the Ovi Store is wrapped into whatever offering Amazon might be working on and it comes with Amazon's music and e-books as well? This would work in the existing Nokia context, as Ovi Store wouldn't really change all that much and neither would any of Nokia's software platforms but it would be a much more capable party running the store and providing a complete set of services. It would also open Nokia up to Americans to a much greater extent because the Amazon brand is super powerful in the States.

you were right. it's crazy. and won't happen. Amazon probably is going to come out with an android tablet to tie into it's app store. ovi is just a bad product. And amazon just does not really partner like that. they are much like apple. they create their own future. I know there is lots of denial in the hard core nokia community right now. but we only have about two weeks till we hear precisely what elop has in mind for new ecosystems. get ready for bad news. Nokia offering wp7, android, or both. at least in the good ole USA.

They are working on an app store of sorts, though the rumors have related to android. Nothing saying they can't do both though, and it would be interesting because they do tend to feature a lot of unlocked nokia devices on their site.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I guess this could be considered joining an ecosystem too:

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...icleid/4843429

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's not Amazon's M.O. though; they like to run their own show. Plus, it's pretty known around the blogosphere that their app store will be an Android app store.

I bet Amazon could make their own branded smartphone, running a version of Android, and it would sell very well.

Hmmm...If only Nokia could get it's own act together they might pull off such a feat. But alas! the ovi store sucks so hard at times its hard to be an advocate of Nokia let alone Symbian. In this day and age I should not have to scour the web for the apps I require ie: A DAMN VNC client...is that so hard Nokia? The only thing Nokia got right with my N8 is the free SatNav which is surprisingly up to date re:maps. And of course the HW is bar none the best on the market.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information