I have Verizon wireless as my cell phone service provider and am getting a little angry at what they have been doing ever since all these smart phones have been coming out. The problem I have is the large expenses that come with this and their lack of other options. Due to the steep prices I cannot purchase a smartphone because my parents refuse to pay for one. It isn't the phone that's the problem it's the data plan you need to purchase that is the problem. $30 a month for 2gb of data per person is just ridiculous. For a 2 year plan that would be $720 excluding the phone. Your looking close to spend almost 1 grand for a 2 year phone service. Are you kidding me?! But this is where it gets worse. If they had a decent selection of other phones it wouldn't be a problem but they are tranitioning into a smartphone system. I went to the store and asked the worker about the phones they had that didn't need a data plan and he replied " we only have two". So I checked out the two phones that I could get and they were extremely outdated piece of crap phones. This is really frustrating that they aren't introducing any good phones that don't require a data plan. What is going on?