This may seem silly but I have just never had a cat like this. I've had my Ronald since he was a baby. He was quite pushy about getting outside (he'd sneak past out feet, for example), so we just let him out. After we adopted a couple more cats in the family, he got angry. He lashes out at the cats often and they are pretty submissive towards him. He was not any only child before them though, we had an older cat with him before the other 2 came along.

Anyway, for years now he has had this strange behavior of being fairly mellow when it comes to being pet or getting food. He's talkative but acts sweet. Only if he hasn't eaten in a longer period than usual might he be just a little moody. So, after he's done being in the house and eating though, or even while he's eating, he starts to growl and then 'yell' at me and others. Once he gets to the door he'll be very angry; swatting at you if try to touch him, and clawing and biting your leg or toes. It's funny for us but I wonder why he does it..even when we are right there to let him out. What is this mood changing routine?