Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    alonso v

How can i find my own art style? Will i ever be able to be happy with my own drawings?

Hi everyone, i need a little help. I used to love to draw, but suddenly when i entered college to study animation i cant do it anymore. I am constantly comparing myself with other artists and constantly telling myself that i suck. In high school i used to draw manga style and then began experimenting with other styles(american comic, french comic, cartoon,etc). I moved from one to another because i thought i sucked, so i kept looking for a new style. I have never taken life drawing lessons until now, but currently i dont draw anymore, i am not happy with my drawings and have an art block since almost 6 months.
    i used to copy other artists drawings a lot...and that became a bad habit...
    The truth is i am very sad and anxious, mad, stressed and many other feelings. I want to draw happily again, make drawing a pleasure not a weight.

Swanky
    can you go back to old sketch books and look for what you actually liked? i know it's like a lot of things in life-music/fashion etc. trying to find your own niche. i know the majority of famous people had their 'standard' people they would always draw and name them. i guess start simple and keep drawing!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information