So my whole life is going to be moving around a lot, and a lot of interacting with animals of all species, and ages. There will be raising baby animals, to training larger more aggressive animals, to probably living in dangerous areas, and living with different people all the time. Right now I have a median size chocolate mix two year old. She is a great little dog, and my mastiff is going and I'm thinking of a larger protective breed, but i don't know. I'm thinking about getting a new puppy before I go college, and I'm still working under my dog trainer. The puppy will have me the whole summer for training, and I'll being doing half time college classes. So the little guy will be in one place for about a year and half until the real moving around, and shuffling starts. A lot of people tell me not to get a puppy now, but I see it as the last time I can get a dog before I go to major college, and then around the world. Staying in one place for about a year or less. Any suggestions??
If anyone's worry is that I will ditch the dog any time during it's life for a opportunity I won't. I have not or never will ditch a dog. I choose my dogs over my career, I just wish to feel safe where I go to travel. My chocolate dog is good but she would show a robber, or a murder where the knives where as all as she got a treat for it, and I'm a alaskan. Out in the rural areas we use our dogs for protections. So going from rural to city is scarey. I just want a dog as scarey, but easy to travel with