Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    ***S***

Thinking of taking a Photography course...help please...?

I am very interested in taking a part time photography course. I have no experience with photography except for the usual, taking pictures on holiday etc. I love to take photos and wold like to pursue it further but don't really know where to start, what course to take etc etc. Just wondered if anyone could suggest something lol!!! I have looked up a few part time beginners courses which look ok. But just wanted other people opinions really, have you done a course, which one? Was it good, expensive, worth it...?
    Thank you. That was very helpful. I don't mind the written work - I have had quite a lot of experience there being a student for a few years lol!! But the courses do sound good. What kind of trips do they take you on?

Well, I'm doing a BTEC photography course at college and before that I was just taking photographs in my GCSE photography and did a little on Photoshop, they started me from the beginning at college so that helped (as I didn't have much experience) so I am learning quite a lot about all different aspects of photography (location, studio work) I'm really enjoying it but it does involve quite a lot of written work which is really the only downside but if you like photography it's really good. Maybe do a BTEC like me if all you want to do is photography or you could do A levels?
    Oh btw, I guess taking a photography course does cost quite a bit, I have to pay for photo paper, films, equipment, cameras, CD's, trips (which you don't have to go on of course but it does help) e.t.c and it does add up but I wouldn't say it is extortionate (you can borrow most of the things at college, like cameras and equipment) and it is worth forking out if you want to be a photographer in the future, as it does help.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out your local community colleges many of them have some great beginner courses you can take as non credit courses as well. Learning the basics it always worth your time. You will be a better photographer for it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information