Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    <3Me<3

4-H Photography Project Ideas ? Help!?

I'm in 4-H and I don't have very long to do this, I'm in a photography class and for the show coming up and I'm not sure what I should do. I think my choices are--
    #1. Take a still-life photo
    #2. Take a set of photos that are all about reflections
    #3. Take some photos that are all revolving around one specific event

I don't have a whole lot of time. I took a really amazing picture of a cat, but I don't guess this would fit into still-life? So does anyone have any ideas to what I can do? I only have about a week. I have a digital camera if that matters any.

Thanks in advance!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Water or Surfs, I remember they were showing some amazing pictures of surfs on TV, you should try it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    go to your garden early in the morning possibly before 6 and just stay there till 9 o clock. and observe everything from the dew on the grass to the insect or even the termite hill. i can taken number of photos without even moving a single step. you just need the eye to look and find the best angle to capture the object. when you go closer to the object while shooting remember to turn on the macro more (represented by flower symbol in the mode selection wheel of the camera).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was talking to a woman whose daughter is doing photography this year, and I was amazed that they make even 8-year-olds go through all this! When I was in photography, all we had to do was create a photo album with information on the camera, film, and quality of lighting...now you all have so much to do! Here, the photography program for 4-H is a 6 month program, and you're expected to have sample photos from January to June. On the plus side, you don't have to worry about the scramble you're dealing with.

Your cat picture can only be considered a still life if the cat is sitting or sleeping. If it is moving at all, no.

#1. Try going out one of these mornings and take some pictures of flowers, trees, etc. Anything that is inanimate (unmoving). You can also do a traditional still life with a bowl of fruit on a table or a vase of flowers.

#2. Reflections should be self explanatory, really. This would be photos of objects in a mirror or any other refelective surface. If you have a pond or lake nearby, you could take morning pictures of things such as the trees reflecting on the surface of the water.

#3. Do you have a set of pictures that you took at a family vacation or reunion? Other things could be going to a sporting event (the little league season is wrapping up soon...but I believe high school baseball and softball are still in full swing), a party, graduation...as long as all the photos are taken (and fit) around a specific event, they qualify here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information