Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    I think it's a good idea. Forcing the president to be a military man would be a bad idea in my opinion because I think there would be too great of chance for the president to be a warmonger. I think the American people should be free to elect presidents who aren't military men. Being commander-in-chief isn't the president's only responsibility, after all. And if the command-in-chief is too concerned with politics to protect the American people, then the American people get what they deserve for electing such an amoral politician.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

why does the military have the president a CIVILIAN as its commander in chief?

Turst me.. I love the way the united states constitution was crafted and think its one of the greatest frame work of government ever written... but one thing i don't get is why the hell did the founding fathers make a CIVILIAN the top commander of the ENTIRE military. I think the Chairman of the joints Chiefs should be the Top military Commander. The president should have no say in the military because the president is a POLITICIAN not a military official. The presidents big worry is to win an election while the Generals major concern is to prevent an attack on the home land or Destroy an enemy.

its it common sense that the Commander in Chief should Be a military official not some politician...

suggestions? concerns? comments?
    the military ruler would care about the population more than a politician because if the ruler let people die he wont have a military to command for long

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information