Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should the Federal Government listen when Warren Buffet publicly states that

gov't spending is out of control? “Uncontrolled emission of carbon dioxide leads to melting ice and uncontrolled emission of dollar undermines purchasing ability of currency. The fate of dollar is in hands of the congress,†W. Buffett said.

Buffet essentially stated that our current administration is continuing to print, borrow, and spend money in a manner that could potentially result in the collapse of the U.S. dollar and the American economy.

Pretty scary stuff, huh?...from one of the most prolific investors and financial minds in American history.

I'm pretty sure that was a direct attack on the Cap & Trade legislation as well.

Once you pass the tipping point, runaway inflation is virtually uncontrollable. Perhaps we should place a halt on any and all proposed federal spending projects, including current healthcare reform proposals?

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think so. Imho, the Federal Government has been listening to too many rich people for too long as it is. I'd much rather see the Federal Government, and everyone else for that matter, listening to poor people. That would be a refreshing change.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It really makes no difference who says what regarding the people in government spending too much, as they answer to no one, and do what they please, after all, it's your money they waste, not theirs.
    Warren Buffet is right.
    Even China, the very people we now owe billions to, says the same thing, but do they listen? nope .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anybody with a 5 dollar calculator should be able to tell that the current way of doing things is; to put it mildly, unsustainable, I don't need Warren Buffet to tell me, but I guess there are a lot of people who don't listen unless someone like him says it.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think so. Imho, the Federal Government has been listening to too many rich people for too long as it is. I'd much rather see the Federal Government, and everyone else for that matter, listening to poor people. That would be a refreshing change.

Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information