Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suspected dealing next door neighbours

Maybe I wasn't clear. Lots of people involved in criminality will contact police and crimestoppers and give information on rivals (especially drug dealers) in the hope that the old bill will get rid of them and that will solve their problem without them getting involved. Drug dealers and gangs have also been known to contact police to offer snippets of fake info about themselves in order to try to learn if police know more about them already. I have also experienced this quite a lot in matters of domestic violence.

Yep I agree, but its a difficult tight rope to walk when so much information, received by police is found out to be wildly incorrect or malicious. So police can lose the trust in the public because of this. As it is, we have to assume that a person is telling the truth, until the provenance of their information is established to cast doubt on their information.

Yeah that is what I meant. ie, if I called your local constabulary and told them I think you are dealing drugs because of the unsociable activity at your house, I think you would not be grateful if the police acted on that info alone by kicking your door in and searching the place and arresting you.

And do you think the local press would do an article on the drug dealer at nuraber 3 Smith Street on the say so of one neigrabroadours complaint? Believe it or not, the media tenRAB to have a mostly good working relationship with the police as its the police who tend to feed them the stories so they would possibly contact the police first before running any sort of story like that to see if either the police could corroborate it and offer any more info, or if the police would ask for them to sit on it for a week before printing it for operational reasons. Also, the media would probably contact the local MP about it to, to see if they are aware for similar reasons. The media only chew up police and politicians when it is in their favour to do so.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just had a call from the police , the reason they didn't call till now was because they were waiting till they smashed the front door in , he told me they were putting more patrols on which they are doing , so hopefully the skank will at least keep his head down or go away , fingers crossed ....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry but you're wrong. If someone shouted peow peow at me I might feel mortally wounded, pew pew would just make me apologise for eating too many baked beans.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information