Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

I think I'm skippping the N95......

^ nokia will not cripple the GPS, coz that will be counter-productive to what they have been doing so far, that is getting more developers to the S60 camp...

if you have been to the forum.nokia, you will see that they are putting more and more to entice developers to the S60 camp (but, it is still not like the way MS does it with WM)... and if you notice as well, why are there too many stuffs taht are missing in the S60 3rd, like auto key-lock and such, coz i believe nokia is deliverately doing this to let developers fill it in...

nokia has to sweeten the S60 more and more to developers in order to entice them, more so coz the s60 will be the unified os for smartphones and commie, hence nokia will not do anything to antagonize s60 developers... imho

Oh really? Nokia is known for unnecesarily crippling features, just to make you go and buy other apps or services. A good example is the 1 min audio recording limit. There is no reason why it couldn't record more, yet they do it. Another example is the recurance of an alaram....that is only now being added in feature pack 1.
    If they can do the ones above, I'm sure they can cripple the GPS in N95

besides if the N95 need internet connectivity for the GPS to work, I can also say that my N93 with Google maps has GPS and it needs internet connectivity to work

i dont think you fully understand what i am saying... i said they dont include things so that you have to buy apps, which makes developers happy... if they have included these apps, this will antagonize developers... recurring alarm is available on other apps, and so is the unlimited recording, hence if you need it buy the apps, that has nothing to do with crippling features, its called not fighting it out with your developers...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

the map thing is allready crippled!! i dont really think they will cripple the GPS chip, if they did the "hackers" better get in to gear to uncripple it.

but as friedbrains said, they cripple the SOFTWERE so the developers can make money(including tomtom), if the developers cant make money why would they develope things that they wound get paid for?

will skip this one too..i like the form factor of my n93, i like the screen and phone doesnt look lame like the n95, what i mean is that its too plain like other slider phones out there i mean it has the beef to do a bunch of stuff ,but the cool factor is not as much as when you flip, swivel and then fold on my n93...but we will see, i thought n70 was an ultimate phone for me, but then i had the n73 2~3 mos. ago and then jumped on the n93...but ill be hardpressed to give up my n93 ***staring at it now...*** nope no n95 here...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish...

im getting n93...

Well said. Greed rears its head again. With navigation the best thing is to have the maps on your device or memory card in complete form. It is fast - and as long as data charges remain usurious, then it is also cost-efficient. A built-in GPS chip woul be a nice add-on to that - but not if it is locked from other apps and itself dependent on data connection.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information