Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Hot rumor: The Nokia N8 with Symbian^3

Yes, as demoed here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9FjBwKNBZ8

Liknsmak, +1. Not to mention that (i.e. speed/snappiness) IS something that COULD still improve quite a bit in the last couple of months (and of course after that as well) of FW finetuning.

Wow, Symbian has competition. Windows Phone 7 Series is ground-breaking

Unless nokia mysteriously succeeded in making a multiple 3G band chip (and I don't think that's the case, as we would've heard something about it) there will be multiple versions of the phone.

Why does the nexus one come like that? The same reason nokia makes separate versions of their phones with european 3G bands and at&t 3G bands. That, and maybe they wanted to give t-mobile some exclusivity on the device to start with.

So I guess the N900 and E6 don't exist where you live

[QUOTE=jontymisra]I expect to see this Q1 2011. Perfect.

Hopefully Messaging will have improved by then [/QUOTE

hehe. Oddly enough my posts have dropped in fequency because I'm enjoying USING my phone more and searching for resolutions to gaud awful issues that plague a particular platform that NO phone in this decade should've had to deal with. I don't have to rational nor argue what my phone is capable of as apposed to it actually delivering it!

I vote DMO to Jedi status!! He's got his finger, not thumb, on the pulse of the market.

I'll add that along with Symbian^2 onwards ALL hardware shipping with it is to be standardized on OMAP3 based chipset or ARM Cortex A8 minimum!

I too would like to see better Exchange (2003-2010) & Lotus Domino (8.01-8.1.5+; with IMAP)/Symphony/etc support.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The article just says that FCC passed the AWS version. Does not say anything about ATT bands.

I think many people haven't gotten their hopes up in a while.

Uh, most of the phones are bricks. A lot of the android phones are bulky, unless they don't have a keyboard. Take for instance the 5800. It is kind of bulky, but very light. The iPhone is a big phone in terms of height and width, but the depth is shallow. Most smart phones are bricks though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool, wanna help us here what to exactly look at lol.. screenshot maybe? :P

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I doubt we will see that on S^3, but rather S^4. As of now I think the Foundation is working at getting the packages working/functioning correctly and adding more features.

However, I believe that the only thing that will change is the UI "presses", which will be minimized/reduced.
    S^3 is more of a reduction of clicks/presses on the UI (which Symbian has a ton of), and be implemented with more features. S^4 is where the UI/UX overhaul will happen.
    If the rumor is to hold true and be launched in summer, or before xmas, then the Foundation has little time to get the UI/UX to get it to look like that.

Moreover, that was Nokia's proposition on a take at the UI/UX, which I think the Foundation hasn't accepted that completely.
    Can anyone imagine having two teams do the S^3 UI/UX before the end of the year, which by then S^4 code should be out?
    I think we have another-like approach as MS; WM6.5x will co-exist with WM7, so maybe S^3 will co-exist with S^4, since I doubt the Foundation will want to work on two UXs/UIs at the same time. Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information