Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

why are people hesitant to switch to cricket

Absolute crap. Verizon stores are the same as any other wireless store. You don't see them next to Macy's you see them next to whatever happens to be available. I'll bet money that Verizon does not have a list of stores they wont be next to. They go where their research says the pops are.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

As a new cricket customer, I can say a few things that annoy me about cricket. These are all little things, and they aren't real important, especially if you just want a phone. But, it would seem so easy to change.

1. No text messaging to/from an email address. This means I can't use google SMS.
    2. No call forwarding when busy or no answer. This means I am stuck using cricket's voicemail rather than youmail, for instance.
    3. Roaming. Luckily, I don't roam often, but it will be a hassle when I go on a vacation those one or two times a year to switch plans/packages to get roaming, *228 my phone, then call back on my return and switch my plan/package back.
    4. Email: When I flashed my phone over I wasn't aware of Cricket's port 8080 issue, which means I can only get webmail.

They're all little things, they don't outweigh the unlimited minutes or the price, but they are annoying.

This underscores my point about Cricket not being particular about its customer base. Standing in line with a pregnant teenaged mother wearing grey sweatpants that were actually pink at some point makes one wonder.

Verizon stores, I've noticed, have something of an air of "elitism" to them, if you will. At least here in Dayton, Ohio, you have to sign-in using a fancy touchscreen. There are different departments. Everyone looks and talks professionally. Whereas our Cricket stores here, a guy/lady sits behind the counter and takes your money. If you're lucky, they have one of those little paper nuraber dispensers.

You will never catch a Verizon store here wedged between a Subway sandwich shop and a hair salon.

Low overhead indeed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am on Verizon with unlimited web with VCast subscription. I have to dump Verizon now (phone too disabled). With Verizon web, I get the following: Yahoo, AOL, Mapquest, Dictionaries/translating, TV Guide, police incidents/traffic, Smoking Gun, etc. I can't fill out some forms on my phone, some sites I can't search, some say unsupported __ type(?), too large ___ display -- this doesn't matter. I just want information when I'm on the go. Can I do this with Cricket? Would it help if I got a Razr or Razr2 (Their Kyoceras suck -- my kid has one)? I just don't want a crippled wap. Also, Ii'm in Austin and I think CDMA should be ok here. Thanks for helping me out!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Customer service is terrible. Plus noone wants to pay a ton of $$ for a soso phone. Contract or not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"If it sounRAB too good to be true..."

Which is sad. Cricket just operates without a whole lot of overhead and fats that the other carriers tend to run with.

Portland is a pretty excellent Cricket market though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

go start another thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The only other thing I can think of is their V Cast propaganda, which is entirely worthless. Some Cricket hanRABets are already capable of streaming music and video.

Some subscribers also have no idea that Get It Now and Cricket Clicks use the exact same mobile content delivery platform, a.k.a. Brew.

You can send email using MMS (a.k.a. Picture Messaging): Just create a new multimedia message and use an email address instead of a person's phone nuraber.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

As a new cricket customer, I can say a few things that annoy me about cricket. These are all little things, and they aren't real important, especially if you just want a phone. But, it would seem so easy to change.

1. No text messaging to/from an email address. This means I can't use google SMS. send mail to #@mms.mycricket.com and you can do email. granted sms doesn't work like this though.
    2. No call forwarding when busy or no answer. This means I am stuck using cricket's voicemail rather than youmail, for instance.
    3. Roaming. Luckily, I don't roam often, but it will be a hassle when I go on a vacation those one or two times a year to switch plans/packages to get roaming, *228 my phone, then call back on my return and switch my plan/package back. you can set roaming to use flex pay so you don't have to add the roaming package. its what i use when i have company business elsewhere.
    4. Email: When I flashed my phone over I wasn't aware of Cricket's port 8080 issue, which means I can only get webmail. this will change once ev-do is launched. they will have to open more ports so people can use normal applications.

They're all little things, they don't outweigh the unlimited minutes or the price, but they are annoying.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Some subscribers also have no idea that Get It Now and Cricket Clicks use the exact same mobile content delivery platform, a.k.a. Brew."

Cricket clicks is shutting down, I think it is because not many people use it anymore, and because of how easy it is to hack it and get things free. Cricket will be moving to the buy it on the WAP portal system soon. It was reported clicks was shut down on Sept. 9th. If you still have flex bucket money i think you can still use it, but no one can sign up for it now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information