Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TheSteve

3100s Missing Even Transponders after DP34 Install

The DP34 will happily accept power off any of the 4 output ports, legacy switches and newer DPP switches do require power on port 1 though.

I agree all cabling should be RG6, seems odd the 6100s work with the RG59 and the 3100s won't. They do use different tuners internally but they should perform pretty much the same.
    Perhaps the 3100s need an nvm reset and are confused from the previous switch install still. Something to try is running a checkswitch on the 3100s with no coax connected, this will reset the switch matrix, then try it again connected to the DP34.

taxtwit

Update:

I tried the following last night and got the same "odd transponder only" result every time:

1. Switched the two input cable connections to the DP34 as per visiter's second suggestion;

2. Hooked a 3100 up directly to the DP34 using a length of RG6 cable;

3. Tried connecting a 2700 (which I know is a legacy, but I kept the the 6100s connected);

4. Bypassed the DP34 and connected a 3100 directly to one of the cables coming from the DP Twin;

At this juncture, and especially in light of 4 (and because the 6100s still work fine), I've got to conclude the DP34 is fine and I either screwed up a connector when I swapped in the DP Twin LNB or the LNB itself is faulty. I'll try an nvm reset as per TheSteve's suggestion, but climbing the ladder to fiddle with the LNB/connectors will have to wait until it's not -30

wave06

Thanks for the reply!

I'm still very curious about your problem, but I'll try to buy a DP Plus LNB on ebay anyway(for about 20$) and see if I am lucky!

Yesterday night I had some success with a LEGACY LNB plugged into my DP34 (using both output of the LEGACY LNB into port 1 and 2 of the DP34). What I did was to do a "Check switch" on my 3100 while it was NOT CONNECTED to the switch nor the LNB... after that, I removed the power from the 3100 and i have connected my 3100 to the first OUTPUT of the DP34. When I put the power back to the 3100, it worked perfectly as if I were not using a switch at all...

Tonight I need to test with more than ONE 3100, and see if this still word as well.. If it does, it could be a simple solution for someone who has a DP34 and only want to have more that 2 receiver...

taxtwit

Actually, you need a DP Twin LNB, NOT a DPP (i.e. DishPro PLUS). I've been told DP34s don't work with DPP LNBs.

Interesting - I never tried anything like that, since I need to connect the DP34 to both the "91" and "82" outputs of the DP Twin LNB to get HD. I'm assuming what you're talking about here is connecting both "outs" from a single "dual" LNB (i.e. a LNB focused on a single satellite, eg 91 with two "outs) and then connecting your 3100 to the DP34. With this connection, I don't think you're testing the "switch" part of the DP34, i.e. the internal switch that sends the signal from both the 91 and 82 satellite through each output cable. Still, the fact your getting at least one 3100 to receive both odd and even transponders off of the DP34 is cause for optimism - please post what happens when you try to hook up the second 3100.

wave06

I was wondering if you had any Luck with your setup? I think I am experiencing the same issue here and I wonder If you were able to fix it?

Actually on my side, I tried to use a DP34 with legacy LNB (but using both output of the dual LNB to input 1 and 2 of the DP34)... after a while, I was able to get both, even and odd transponder and everything was working flawlessly until two hours later, when it finally went back to the original problem (seeing only the odd transponders)... I know I am not supposed to use legacy LNB with DP34, but since it kinda work fine for two hours, it's just weird... Anyway, I'm about to buy a DP LNB but would like to know if you were able to make yours work before I proceed with any purchase.

Thanks

tydirec

also, a 2700 receiver will not work with a DP lnb and/ or a DP34 switch unless you have the dishpro adapter for the 2700, which plugs into a power outlet behind where the 2700 is located

I_Want_My_HDTV

You need DP LNBs with DP equipment.

taxtwit

Nope. Tried pretty much everything suggested in the thread without success.

I am using a "twin" DP LNB (like a quad, but with two outputs instead of four) that I picked up used on ebay. It could be the used DP twin is the problem, but why does it work fine with my 6100s? Again, after trying numerous things (rebooting the 3100s (I have two and neither get even transponders), using RG6 only, connecting/reconnecting/re-reconnecting ad nauseum, I picked up another 6100 (I've got three TVs and they're all HD) and solved the problem that way. If I need to hook up any more TVs and therefore need to use the 3100s, I'll either live with half the channels or try a another twin LNB or DP34 switch - they're both pretty cheap on ebay.

barter

no legacy receiver will.

Q

as an FYI. DPP44 will work with legacy receivers with no adaptors as long as you have one DP compliant receiver hooked up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information