Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SJ44

If you have a DC voltage meter; check the voltage (between center and shield of cable) out of the receiver for even and odd channel.
    Should be around 13 and 19 volts.
    If ok there, check along the way to the dish.
    If ok at the disn, than the lnb is the trouble.

I_Want_My_HDTV

Rerouting can stress the cable, sometimes causing the outer conductor to stretch. Check the cable end. The center conductor should protrude at least 1/8" past the screw on outer connection. Also, connecting and disconnecting receivers with power applied can damage the receiver. It's not common but it does happen.

HwyRogue

Well, after checking, double, and triple checking every connection and even going so far as to moving the dish itself (getting "...satellite signal is temporarily unavailable) and getting 90% on Transponder 11.. still no dice on the EVEN's - except for Trans. 18, it is the only even one that does come in.

I ran another check switch and it gives exactly the same message as in my very first post...

Any other ideas?

Ex Agent EV

Do you have more than one receiver?

Is the problem present on all receivers (if more than one)?

If yes probably a problem with the LNBF

If no put your "good" receiver in the "problematic" room...is the problem still there? If yes, change the cable, if no it's a receiver problem

HwyRogue

Unfortunately I only have one receiver... perhaps I should swap out the cable in its entirety ... though I am rather reluctant as it was working just fine and no dish cable was touched....

i hate tv

try swapping lnbs
    maybe, the lnb is bad
    if the problem migrates to 82, then you have solved the problem, maybe.....
    good luck

poolshark1199

I had a similar problem to this a few months back. In my case, I was in fact using a splitter... with no problems occurring for 4 years. Then one day, I lost all my evens as well. I ended up buying a 100ft length of RG6 cable, ran it from the dish to the receiver (no splitter) and voila... all fixed!

The reason I mention this is that earlier it was asked if you have any splitters in your setup and in reading back in this thread, I didn't notice a response to this. Nimiq 1 was correct.. splitters will cause this exact problem (odds only, no evens), as odds run on 12VDC and evens on 18VDC. In the end, my splitter simply burnt out. If you're using one too, this is most likely the case.

HwyRogue

Nope - no splitter... straight from dish into SW21, from there to the receiver.. but I'll try swapping the LNB's.. perhaps that will cure whatever is ailing the ol' thing...

I'll let ya's know

HwyRogue

IT WORKED!

Why.. I have no idea, but I switched the LNBs, ran a check switch and it came back fine - I checked some of the channels that failed to come in before and they're here!

Who would have thought..... thank you very much for the suggestion - for some reason I never thought of it, so kudos go to you :-)

Now to figure out why they would need to be switched... though I'm not in dire straights any longer (or moreso my children!)

Ex Agent EV

Do you have someone in you familly, a friend or neibourg who has Express Vu?

If yes borrow their receiver and try it home...this will at least determine if the problem is with the receiver or the set up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information