Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rogers isn't going to lower data rates

Depends...that's what I'm worried about...i have no idea how much data things like IM+ or Google Maps take up and I use those a lot!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Check out my response in the "unlimited" thread. People should speak with billing and BB tech support and not customer service who are the front line and do not know much about billing/data. As explained, with the upcoming release of the 8320, WiFi and HSDPA, Rogers wants to offer unlimited but also needs to safeguard from resource abuse.

They offer unlimited so people will not buy an 8320, jump the Rogers bandwagon and go 100% WiFi. With HSDPA, this spectrum costs a fair amount of money and with speeds similar to ADSL (I say similar since they still throttle them), I can easily see people cancelling their home service (Telus/Shaw) and tethering the device. Although possible, this is not meant to be the purpose of a mobile device but I can see people doing this to save money. These are the people who when a pattern is detected, they will charge $7MB over usage.

Rogers reserves the right to charge this but you must understand, they will not blatantly charge but will notify you first stating based on account review, you are abusing the system. They will ask to to cut back and if not, you will be charged. If you continue, they will implement a charge.

As for how much data you use, you can always log in to your BB account from your home computer and check your data usage. If not real time, it's updated within the last 24 hours.

Just like the CityFido plan and Unlimited FIDO GPRS, there was a cap. CityFido could not exceed 5,000 minutes and the unlimited GPRS could not exceed 250MB, if so, they stated they reserve the right to charge. Has this ever happened? Not really. There was one person who it happened to but their CityFido line was something like 10K - 12K minutes per month and this was just utter abuse. They did not have to pay but after multiple warnings, they were told if it continued, they would not be able to renew the plan when up for renewal and would have to chose a different package.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, there is an additional $10 in the price because if a customer does not subscribe to a voice plan will be subject to the data access price plan, which is always automatically credited back to the customer. So the price would be $60 for 25mb and $100 for 200mb.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

May should invite US carriers to extend their network coverage into Canada and charge customers slightly higher than US and still much much cheaper than Canadian carries charge canadians. All are happy except rogers/bell...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

talka, talk, talka ... bottomline! Rogers sucks big and let's repeat that here and thru the land so they know that they have a very bad repute in our eyes. Shame on you Teddy!!!!!! What would your mother think of you now ... Shame, shame ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information