Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's it...I'm ready for movies!!

I also said that I would offer web space

Using Kinoma Producer you can take any audio or video file and convert it to Kinoma's standards. Once converted you can save the file on the TT or SD Card. I have a Matrix Reloaded Teaser at 4.5MB (1min 18.7sec) and Star Trek Nemesis at 9.0 MB (2min).

So if you do the math, lets say a episode of the Simpson's is 20min when you cut out the trailer and using the above times and sizes 1min = 4MB, that would make the Episode 80MB. While your at it through in a Enterprise Episode to at 40MIN = 160MB.

No this does not include PDF files, Documents, Music files (using PocketTunes), and other items.

If she's your 'girlfriend' why do you have to beg? Sounds more like a wife or significate other that controls all the money in the relation ship. IMHO

anyone have some Kinoma movie files or trailers they can e-mail me so I can show them off on my tungsten to my co-workers...I think they will be amazed. My e-mail address is [email protected]

really appreciate it

Bob

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

...has anyone noticed how the recent version of Kinoma Producer won't let us save the converted file to anything but the handheld's RAM or the SD card?

I miss the ability to save the converted .pdb to the desktop.

Until such time that we...

1) ...have the ability to watch unconverted video on our handheld's and cut this third-party stranglehold, and...

2) ...have affordable access to 512MB and 1GB SD cards,...

...I fear that we'll just have to rely on each other to trudge the road to happy destiny.
    POL9A

Yea thanks for the offer. As Pride Of Lions has the other two files though, he can put all three in the same place which will be easier.
    iiicRuled

Nearly 9MB by the way!

POL:
    Yep! I just got hooked :-)

Well you could try using Splashphoto. I believe they have a Mac version of their desktop software too. Just categorize all your images. Though that would mean lots and lots of files. Alternately, VirtualPC and use ComicGuru.. though I don't know how well that works. The converter is pretty simple to use too. One last thing you can do is send over the comic and have me convert it for you. :-)

I was tempted to buy an iBook, but then I would have to get all new software. New OS, new apps, new everything. Though it is kinda cool how the underlying OS is based on FreeBSD... :-)

It won't make any diference if you compress the movies with codec before sending them to kinoma unfortunatly as kinoma will just uncompress them and then redo them with it's own codec. What we need to do it's keep asking kinoma
    A- Why the don;t have any decent codecs in thier software and
    B- Why they insist on charging so much for a converter having been so nice and donated us the player.............

WE WANT Mpeg 2
    WE WANT Mpeg 4
    WE WANT DivX
    WE WANT WMV
    WE WANT ANY OTHER DECENT CODEC THERE ARE IF YOU (KINOMA) EXPECT US TO PAY LOADS FOR YOUR SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!

Wmv (or ASF) might be a bit hard to get :-)

slm2fly

Go to Kinoma's web site (www.kinoma.com) and menu your way to their sample panorama and video page. There are several files for download. (I like the one of the Porsche Boxster taking a twisty road.) Also, on that page is a link to Sony Entertainment, where you can get movie trailers for Kinoma Player. I downloaded "Men In Black II" and "Spiderman."

I'd send you some of my movies, but I don't think you'd want one of my mother telling me to turn off the #$&^%$# camera!

OldBlue

Well there's always MMPlayer... Plays DivX, etc

I've almost given up on the Tungsten T for anything more than iSilo and a small PDA I can carry around with me.

I bought an iPAQ 3635 the other day for a very reasonable price, and although it's "huge" compared with the T, I can play videos on it, email, icq, msn on it. And all at the same time

And I hate to say it, but the audio quality on the T (while good) pales in comparison with the iPAQ. The audio on the iPAQ has a greater range. For example on the T, the audio will sound tinny, and very soft, but on the iPAQ, it's loud, and the audio is more "full". My only complaint with the iPAQ is that it's TOO LOUD.

If I ever do get tired of Pocket PC 2002, I can always switch over to Linux on the PDA. It seems promising.

The included sleeve for the iPAQ has Bluetooth, so I don't really lose any functionality there. I think I'll be picking up a PC Card sleeve with the external battery so I can put in a wifi card and the larger and cheaper CF cards in at the same time.

CF cards are much cheaper than SD now. It's much more economical to use those to store movies, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information