Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"Do The Bartman" Just Aired on FOX

I was thinking about this at work today, if The Simpsons would pay some sort of tribute to the late Mr. Jackson...and sure enough, they did. I tuned in in the middle of the video, at Lisa's sax solo ("My ears! Lisa! Put that saxophone away!"). Kinda wished Fox 5 NY had the "Start Over" feature in my cable box, so I could see the entire video from the beginning.

And I also thought it would have been cool to see the episode with Homer in the nuthouse with that guy who thought he was Michael Jackson.

But maybe the Homer/"Michael Jackson" episode will air in the syndicated episodes. You think?:tweety::tweety:

Before we continue about the credit in that episode, the FOX airing we saw eariler was edited a little. The beginning of the video, where we see the family entering the school was cut, probably for time reasons.

Check your Season DVD to see if I'm lying. But, I've heard there's a different version of the music video somewhere, as the DVD said it was the "Director Cut".

What a great tribute - and a great cartoon. And it was attached to one of my fave eps this season. Sweet! Thanks and kudos to Matt and the gang.

Because they were more creative back then... and didn't just want to name drop people. Er... also they specifically didn't want people to know it was Michael Jackson.

I wished I saw it

There are two different versions, but one change I notice in them is that one is an extended dance sequence with the Cool Kids, and one shorten to show people dance around Statue of Liberty, and you also saw that spy kid from the episode where Bart went to France in front of a wall.

I was wondering what was up with that. I thought it was a glitch.

The video is on DVD?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I believe both "Do The Bartman" and "Deep, Deep Trouble" are in the season 2 set.

I thought it was awesome and I wished they showed that original episode. I think my region showed it a few months ago, and it was still good. I was most impressed how fluid the characters moved in this. It's a lot fresher then watching the show today. I'm glad people got to see that again on TV. Nice tribute.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information