Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What Is The Best Phone Out There, Period?

I can't believe you're implying the N95 is a basic and no frills phone...

The n95 does look sweet, hsdpa, built in gps, tv-out, and built in fm receiver...

In theory, the N95 is the ultimate phone. Horrible battery life makes it useless in my opinion though. I would stay closer to the smartphone region. The Cingular 8525 is an amazing (though large) phone with 3G. It might be good if you live in a large centre. It also has a 2mp camera and a great touchscreen. Its the same format as the F700. I must say that that F700 is the ultimate phone right now, but since its not really available the 8525 (HTC TyTN, Hermes) is your best bet.

The N95's battery life might not be too bad. I haven't heard reports one way or the other quite yet.

And if the 8525's battery is anything like the 8125's was (which I owned), I can't say that it's even close to being respectable.

I was more referring to nokia phones in general when I said basic no frills kinda phones. Another words what you buy is what you get. It's a cell phone not a PDA/MDA or UMPC. There isn't alot of upgrades.

However in comparison to lets say the HTC Shift or HTC 7501 the N95 isn't even deserving of being mentioned in the same conversation. No Nokia phone is. It would be like comparing a pinto to a porsche.

The N95 is a very nice upscaled 3g phone with a very good camera, wifi and many other great features. But at the end of the day its OS is still symbian limited and your storage is limited to 2gb.

Compare that to the shift with Windows Vista business and a 30 gb hd built in. not to mention touch screen, full qwerty keyboard and 100 other things the N95 dont have and couldn't have no matter how many cracks or codes were put on it.

So in true side by side comparison. nokia=solid but basic no frills phone w/many features but a far cry from top notch unless your comparing it to other nokia or SE or even Motorola phones.

I don't know why you keep saying Nokia is a "no-frills" phone manufactorer. They have been making specced-out phones since the beginning of time! They were putting 2MP and 3MP cameras into their phones long before HTC did anything of the sort. Plus, they have several models with full QWERTY keyboards, WiFi and "100 other things" The only thing that limits them is the size. Nokia doesn't build huge phones like the Shift (is it even a phone really?) so your comparison is baseless. I could see you making this argument about Motorola, but Nokia builds the most highend phones in the business!

Jeez, I don't even like Nokia and I still ranted.

nokia sux always has always will. (n95 exception, but still sux)

I'm seeing the 7501 sell for about $1500.
    I cant imagine how large the price of the Shift will be.

I think dollar for dollar, the N95 is a better deal.

Symbian limited? Windows Mobile is just as limited. And limited to 2 gb? They are hot swappable, and the Swift is the only thing that has a hard drive really. You make it sound like Symbian is the limiting factor in the storage. N91 ring a bell?

Touch screen is a disadvantage in my opinion. Some like it, some don't. There are Nokia phones with keyboards too. What are the 100 other things that N95's don't have? I haven't heard a legitimate reason yet.

And how can a phone be "no frills" and "w/many features"? You lost what little creditability you had with that right there.

damn winmo fanboys.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information