Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Apple may be better then Nexus One and here we got a proof.

Saying that multitouch is more of a gimmick is laughable. :lolup:

Lets see ........

Precise Zooming on web pages, maps, pics, etc: VS pressing a magnify glass icon or tapping the screen for non precise increment zoom levels.

Then you have gaming, Plenty of iPhone games have virtual controls/joysticks. It wouldn't be possible to play them correctly without multitouch.

Typing would also most likely be less responsive too.

its funny tho cuz the nexus one does have multi touch.

Let's see. Android browsers often default to the right font size then autosize columns you can immediately read the web page instead of having to zoom them in and out.

Its one of the things I notice using the Android browsers. Instead of zooming and out, you hit the text and the browser displays sizes up to the right font and displays the column. I don't zoom a lot on the Android browsers because I don't need to.

Now for precision. If you're doing precision editing, its easier to do it on the Android because you still have a trackball, so you can correctly put the cursor betwen c and K in "trackball" instead of deleting the entire word altogether and typing it again, because your fingertips can't be too small or sharp to put the cursor between c and k.

Has anybody tried this? Does it void your warranty?

(Referring to the OP's link)
    http://www.finestdaily.com/how-to/mo...nexus-one.html

When you hold down on the iPhone the magnify glass popup makes it extremely easy to place the cursor exactly were you want. Must faster than a trackball.

Well should ask someone and one more thing.If they did make that feature,why wouldn't they activate it?It dosn't makes sense.

I can't really answer that csong, although I heard rumors it is actually Google abiding Apple's patent on multitouch... which sounds plausible to me. I guess we'll have to wait & see

Think of it this way: if you bought a Subaru Impreza (230 horse power) and you found out you could crank it up to 300 hp with a simple little hack (true story), you'd probably count your blessings and not visit your neighbor to complain his 1975 Volkswagen Beetle is MUCH better, because this 75 hp car is already cranked up to the max... right?

... do want said beetle.

the iPhone browser does that too. Where pinch to zoom comes in handy is when you are viewing a picture in the browser(let's say a comic strip) and at the default zoo
    level you see the entire the strip but can't read the text bubbles of what the charactors are saying. So now you can zoom in as far as you want to read said comic. The only thing sucks about the pinch to zoom is trying to do it one handed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iPhone has the magnifying glass that zooms in to allow you to drag your cursor precisely. HTC's trackball on their Android devices gets the job done almost just as well, so neither device is really left wanting in this department. It only gets brought up in petty pissing matches when someone is trying convince the masses why the other device sucks.

I personally dig Android's browser because it redraws the text to fit your screen. The last iPhone firmware I used (3.1) did not do this. I would enlarge the text, then have to scroll to the right to read it all. Pinching and zooming IMO is a gimmick. I actually have the Milestone browser on my Droid, and I still use the double tap method simply because I can do it with one hand. What is so great about unnecessarily smudging your screen to enlarge text? I'm not saying that feature is worthless, but it certainly isn't worth the amount of attention that it gets. It's discussion on sites like this exist for reasons stated earlier; as a smoking gun that some iZealot can hang their hat on to prove why their phone is better. Anyone who cares that much about it, probably has figured out a way to do it, whether by hacking the default apps, or downloading alternatives from the market. Same goes for whatever the iPhone is "lacking."

As far as gaming, the API for multi touch is present within the 2.0 dev kit. How else do you think apps like multi touch gallery, Dolphin, or PicSay have it? What's to stop someone from implementing it on gaming apps?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information