Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MELLOWYELLOW18
    i think lower class people are more religious because on this planet if you have no money life sucks, so you have to have something to belive in.

Slayer
    I would think that you'd find atheism mainly in the middle to upper classes, where there is the benefit of higher education. Poverty breeds fear and ignorance, just the kind of environment in which religious faith flourishes.

superrr_star88
    Not to be, "unhelpful" but it really, honestly truly depends on the person. Can't really say that all Atheists are mid class, and all Christians are higher or lower. In history, we usually notice that those who are of less income, usually cling to their faith (which isn't always Christian, there are other religions besides that one), because they feel in need of help and they have no where else to turn. However that's not always true, because the same situation could make someone hate the idea of any god, or just not acknowledge it. It really depends on the person, time, place, environment, etc.

Ladybird
    Atheism is more popular in the upper class, just as (random, but true) breast feeding rates are higher in the upper class. Smart folks tend to make the most rational choices.

Elaine of Astolat
    Karl Marx wrote that religion was only created because impoverished people wanted to believe in something better after life, because their's was so hard.

Also, the very extremist religious countries DO tend to be the poorest, as someone before me mentioned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information