Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Spyro getting his own movie.

I really don't think enough people care about the character for this to do well. The games lately have supposedly been pretty bad, too. I liked the first couple (never played the third), but even then I was never particularly interested in the character himself.
    The way I see it, this movie will almost certainly do badly... I feel really bad for the people involved.:sad:

yeah, definitely! Those games are great, and the characters are way more appealing than Spyro.

Yeah, but with TMNT, they didn't actually advertise the voice actors, now did they. At least initially. And they didn't move the plot, unlike anything Dreamworks has, where the celeb voices are the stars, not the characters they portray.

Personally, I don't way too much care for Spyro, but this seems like it couls actually be a good video game movie, none the less. Hollywood is notorious for making bad bad bad movies based on video games. Look at Super Mario, or worse yet, the horrors of Double Dragon. What was that? Didn't know if it wanted to be comedy or action.

But if theses people are writing the film, I really hope they actually play the games first, and not just pull out random characters or items and then have them open to interpretation.

The last Spyro game I ever played was "Enter the Dragonfly" and that was a flop. (short game play, glitches.) The only thing nice about it were the graphics. Anyway, I haven't played any of the later Spyro games, so I have no idea where the plot is now... Not that I care. >_>

Yeah. I'd rather see Sly get his own movie than the purple dragon. Plot wise, it'd be much more interesting.

Spyro Movie? I'm still waiting for SEGA to announce a CG Sonic Movie, c'mon the cut scenes in the games just scream movie!

Anyway, I can't begin to see why they would make a Spyro movie, I don't think he's that popular, and I haven't played Spyro since the 2nd one, after that I lost interest. But it'll be interesting to see where this goes.

What's next? A Jersey Devil movie? :yawn:

Isn't the lack of celebrity advertising just a loophole Laird took advantage of to get back at the suits for making him put in celebrity voice actors?

Hey, a Jersey Devil movie would be great, assuming it were well-written and directed, of course. It has that "Batman mixed with Nightmare Before Christmas" quality to it. It's just begging for movie treatment, but would never get one because it was never a popular game or mascot.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I suppose this could be a good movie in regard of videogame movies.

I can't see the Spyro franchise supporting an entire film, unless it's a pure comedy

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a difficult time imagining this for theaters. I can kind of imagine it if it was direct to video or a TV special.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

*Sighs and kicks back.* Oh, well, at least there'll be no deliberation whether or not THIS movie is going to bomb. Spyro has to be one of the least popular mainstream mascots. I agree, Sly Cooper would have been a better pick for a mascot movie. That, or give us a Sonic movie. Preferably by the guys behind the TMNT movie.

C'mon,this would be a good idea,If it were about the old PlayStation games.The recent games completely suck though.There's no way this could work.*sighs* Spyro needs to go back to Insomniac......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information