Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Toon Zone Talkback - Details On 'Beavis and Butt-Head'

I wonder if Daria's returning...or at least have a few apperances.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stole it from Stewart. Beavis nearly died jacking in to the power line.

Heh, heh, you said ...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beavis and Butthead commenting on YouTube videos...interesting. Now I'm seeing them commenting on one of Chris-Chan's addresses to his trolls or internet-girlfriends, his "Future Message" or him trying to pitch Sonichu to Nintendo or some other business. Come to think of it, I could see them specifically commenting on viral YouTube videos more anything else for that to really take off.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd love to see B&B stuck in the 90's and commenting on today's pop culture (ie YouTube Videos/Jersey Shore)

Beavis and Butt-head are pretty darn funny even without making fun of modern pop culture. I don't see anything to worry about.

So they're turning "Beavis and Butthead" into "DJ and the Fro"?

This looks VERY good. *crosses fingers for chance of Daria sequel*

The more I hear the more I don't like this. I hate to sound like some "olde-timer" from the 90s, but the fact is that Beavis & Butt-Head filled a very important void back then. Specifically, they provided an irreverent, unfiltered way to take down pretentious pop-stars who took themselves way too seriously, especially in their music videos. It was a great way for the common people to laugh at the self-important nature of celebrities with a level of crudeness that had never been seen before.

Today, not only do we have an over-abundance of pop-culture mocking in comedy in general, but there are even specifically several shows on TV dedicated to making fun of pop stars, reality TV, and even stupid Internet videos. Also, their simple, crude humor was very effective against the self-important nature of pop stars back then - they didn't really even need to make clever jokes, just hearing them making farting noises and laughing while watching a U2 video was hilarious. But what fun is there in watching them do the same things while watching dumb teenagers on Youtube that already don't take themselves seriously and that no one has heard of? I can already watch Tosh.0 for that and at least get some clever jokes out of it. The same applies for stuff like Jersey Shore, which is already pretty self-aware of its stupidity, with, say, The Soup. You don't need B&B acting crude to laugh at the moronic nature of most stuff today.

I also hate the fact that MTV probably won't let them really make fun of Jersey Shore - in other words regardless of what they say they'll probably make it still come off looking good, which of course is abhorrent.

Well, if the aforementioned The Soup can make fun of E! in a bad light (The channel that airs the show), hopefully New Beavis & Butthead will play out the same.

Beavis and Butt-head making fun of Jersey Shore? Isn't that just MTV plugging itself?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information