Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

What constitutes as bad animation to you?

Well, that depends on a lot of aspects of animation, including how fluid it is, the characters, are they on model?, the coloring job, the movement, etc...:yawn:

Well, to me, when I think of bad/inconsistent animation, I think of the following shows/movies:

-Transformers: Generation 1
    -Transformers Armada/Energon/Cybertron
    -The Magic Voyage
    -Avengers: United they Stand
    -Bakugan
    -Anything that Filmation, Video Binquio (I don't care about the spelling) or any other crappy studio produces
    -Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui
    -Most Superhero shows from the 90's that outsourced to sub-par studios (i.e Akom or Dong Yang)
    -Several episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures (and I'm sure Speedy Boris will agree that most of it comes from Kennedy, Encore, Freelance and several Wang and Akom episodes)
    -A large amount of You're Under Arrest's First season
    -Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (I know it's live action, but really it had a lot of CG that just kept going from good to unfinished, In fact, I was wondering if they were just going to show wireframes at one point).
    -Dragonlance (nuff' said).

More or less, anything that is pretty much inconsistent, sub-standard or a waste of cels/Terabytes that I honestly can't ether enjoy the show or movie for it's poor animation quality (which for most of these I can, ala Transformers, Tiny Toons and YUA) or just plain suck (Avengers and those two animation studios I mentioned in their separate entry in the list above).

I don't mind limited animation as long as it's done right (as Hanna-Barbara can show most of the time). But like others have said, if it comes with bad design, inconsistent inbetweens and overall sub-par quality, then really, I then just hate it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I really don't mind bad animation as long as he show is good. For example, shows like Girlstuff/Boystuff and Stickin' Around may be seen as bad animation but the quality of the shows themselves more than made up for it.

I actually love Wang's work on Tiny Toons, except for the first few in production order when all the characters had really thick outlines.

Akom could be hit or miss.

As for Kennedy and Encore, their weakness was their inconsistency between the animators. Some did a fine job, others were awful. Encore tended to have the most animation mistakes out of all the TTA studios, though. That said, it is interesting to point out when one animator's style ends and another's begins.

Yeah, that's what I meant with my post. I didn't mean every one of Wang and Akom's episodes weren't bad, but more hit-and-miss.

I've only ever been able to find the opening to that show, never even a clip from an episode itself. It's like the holy grail of terrible-looking shows I want to check out someday.

I'm basically in the same boat as you, although I think the animation in Phineas & Ferb is really weird. The only thing is that I don't watch that show.

The earliest Beavis and Butt-head episodes are a bit hard for me to look at because of their crude animation, but they do have their nostalgic value.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now I can see why it's hated as much as it is.

Yeah, that looks pretty bad, although I managed to watch the whole thing, both parts. Wow. The plot's really cheesy too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information