Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Six days without my palm so far

Felt really bad on letting folks know how soon I (apparently) am having success. The whole idea about sending back the T3 to get it fixed was that I got my machine back....I had a screen protector on it from boxwave which was working just fine, and whilst I shouldn't be ungrateful, I'll be a little 'miffed' if I get a battered case back! We'll see by 3pm tommorrow which is when it is suppossed to be arriving.

Dropshort

Well my T3 is back and looking at the serial number, it is mine after all! Not to rub it in to those of you who have waited an interminable time, but sent Priority Post, and getting it back by 2pm the following Thursday, has to be pretty good for anyone's money. Add to that, it was just the regular return option and not the Advance Return. As I type it's back safe in it's cradle next to the PC merrily charging up. The paperwork which came back with it said to charge it up for a minimum of 4 hours (ahhh the agony!), so I'll be a good lad and do as it says. As others have said, there is absolutely no paperwork to say what was wrong. But the buggers have gone and taken off my screen protector, damn them!

Anyone any idea why they would need to do that? And in addition, is the totally drained battery a clue to what they may have done?

Thoughts?

Dropshort

have they replaced the battery?? oooohhh the very idea!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

......if that's all they've done, then I'm going to be back to square one......oh grief now you've started the doubts! I know I shouldn't have but I just switched it on to see if I was back to factory state....answer no.

Kinoma, Docs 2 Go, Real Player etc, etc are still there. I had hoped that having realised that they weren't what I wanted I could just leave them off this time. Kind of confuses me....the errors, the freezing up of the T3 were certainly not down to the battery, well IMHO anyway.....I'll give it a bit longer then load up the software again. Fingers crossed. So far, as far as I can see they've taken off my screen protector and drained the battery!

Dropshort

...came down this morning, pda ON in cradle (wasn't when I went to bed).....have tried about 8 times now to reset, again can't get past the opening PALM POWERED big icon screen.....can't even do a hard/soft/limp/pathetic reset.....

Can anyone recommend other resets other than the pen in back with power button pressed type resets? Something in the back of my memory remembers a posting concerningf a reset in the cradle....

...I can't seriously be sending it back again surely ("and don't call me Shirley")

Dropshort

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey,

I can't believe that they would send that palm back to you this way. You need to contact them and find out what they did to it. Why won't you do a hard reset? You wanted to wipe out some programs anyways. Add programs back one by one and see if you can figure out what is bugging your machine.

I'm surprised that they took off the screensaverl, they had no need to.

I wonder if they understood why you sent it to them in the first place.

I'd call them and ask for a supervisor type or above.

TT3

I've got in touch with PalmOne and when I eventually got through, I've ended up now doing the Advance Return Option. I am also sending a letter to PalmOne to express my disgust. Unfortunately I got into something of a 'barney' with the guy on the other end of the line, so didn't get any further than him, and couldn't afford the time to hang up and try to get someone else (it took me 30mins to get through...boy am I looking forward to the customer satisfaction survey.....)

I tried to get through to the guy above but no joy and I kept getting sent around the houses, so have cut my losses and gone for the AR option. At least that means that I get a different model, with no problems (ha, in my dreams....); dents I'll live with just give me a macjine that works!

I thought that with the speed it came back that all they did was recharge the battery click a few screens, say can't see what the problem was, remove the screen protector, and send it back. I don't honestly think that in the time it was with them that it could have been sorted out properly. My main worry was if I send back this one yet again, same thing will happen and I'll be getting pi**ed off again and sending it back AGAIN, and I can't afford to do that.

In answer to your question Tweety, I couldn't even get back to the hard reset point, to try to reload one by one. Yesterday, when I loaded my programmes on I avoided old programmes, like WorldMate and Keyboard, which some had advised may have been at the root of the problem, and did it very systematically. All was well when I went to bed....... This morning it was forzen on the Agendus Today page and that's when I started having the 'fun'. Neither a soft nor hard reset would get me past the Palm Powered logo, until about the 8+ attempt when I finally got through to the hard reset. The I got the digitizer test with the "classic' input screen at the bottom of the screen and nothing above it....then after a soft reset it returned to the digitizer which this time wouldn't respond....then a hard reset returned to sticking on the Palm logo.....(anyone bored yet?!). Another hard reset, worked fine for 15mins then froze again...that's when the guys I work with started looking for cover, and I started running up my phone bill, after trying the PalmOne site to see if there was anything in the FAQs that hadn't been there before (i don't know, something like "What to do if your T3 takes offence that your a Brit and freezes on you").

I would like to have dug my heels in over this one (can't believe that Iambic and now Palm have stung me twice in 72 hours), but I really need the damn machine back. I have all the data back home but that's not much good when I need it here.

The replacement one should be with me on Monday/Tuesday but I'm not holding my breath.

Have a great Friday,

Dropshort

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, Man!!

I am so glad that you weren't face to face with those palm folks. You should make them repay the advance repair cost. There is no reason that you should have to pay again.

Oh, I am so mad at this company for having done this!!!!

I know that at some point I may very well have to return mine again too. They have some racket going here!

You should not have to be without yours again over the weekend.

Sorry that you have to go through this, I sympathize with you.

TT3

I've sent a letter to them, not that I'm expecting too much back after all, I'm a drop in the ocean aren't I? Fully expecting the standard "sorry for the problems....standard procedure.....won't happen again" etc etc.

Just massively disappointed in Palm support (although you just have to trawl the sites here to see that's no surprise). Like I say, I could have sent back the original machine to see if they could sort it out, but I'm paranoid that the same would happen again, and I don't think that they would take back a T3 that had recently "bounced" off the wall.

It didn't really help that I couldn't really understand the chap in the customer department, but I'm not a big believer in shooting the messanger. The folks that man the lines just do what they can whilst fielding the flak, whilst often being only allowed to follow the steps that come up on the screen as they talk to you. After someone like me who had been obviously angry over service, would you ask whether I'd mind if I were sent a customer service survey if they weren't following a script? Does anyone know where the Palm support work out of? I don't think that from the accents of the three folks I've spoken to that it's in the US, but I could be wrong, but that shouldn't make any difference for a multinational company

Thank goodness it's POETS (Pi** Off Early, Tommorrow's Saturday) Day............

Dropshort

Someone told me that when you make those service calls, they bounce out of the country to India for example, where I think that Palm is based out of.

Dell computers does the same thing which is why their service is just as bad. Unfortunately, we just bought a Dell notebook for my son for college. I did however buy an extended service plan for him. Hopefully we won't need to use it.

Tweety

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information