Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally. Make your palm to work _HOURS_ more.

OK guys, I have some partial results, but one thing i can tell you for sure
    THIS IS BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exact details of test i made.
    I took Tungsten E (with default battery), and Tungsten T3 (with my custom battery). Charged them both overnight, than
    set screen to _MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS_ , launched PocketTunes, set repeat funtion, unchecked "turn off screen after...", and unchecked "stop playing after battery low". This means that it would play untill critical level is reached and palm is shut off. Cpu speed was default (400mhz on T3, adn 126 on TE). First, i performed the test without this FullPower. (it way yesterday night). Than i recharged both again, set shutdown voltage to minimum (3.20v) to test the limits, and started same test over again.

-=Tungsten E=-

Total time without FullPower:....... 3 hours 13 minutes.
    Total time with Full power (3.2v)... 5 hours 1 minute.
    Total gain: 56%
    But percentage didn't work right on TE. Percentage was not updated, so when approaching 3 hours on second test, i got several low warnings, and finally number of critical warnings. (3.70v) But when TE passed 3.70v - it suddenly jumped to 100%, and stayed 100% all the time till 5 hours 1 minute. When voltage reached 3.21 v (lowest i could see) - TE just swithed off (no warnings at all) I switched it ON, it played for some more 3 mins, and switched off again (probably reached 3.2v again). Than i let it rest for couple of hours. Switched it on, showed 3.27v, and was working normally.
    CONCLUSION: NO DATA LOSS, EVEN WHEN TESTED TO LOWEST VOLTAGE ALLOWED.

-=Tungsten T3=-

I didnt finish testing yet.
    Total time without FullPower:...... 5 hours 18 minutes.
    As i speak now, my T3 is already playing for 9 hours 19 minutes, and It's still showing 3.68v (51%)!!!!
    When i said 6-7 hours before that by now my results will be ready, i underestimated FullPower. I'm going to sleep now, but meanwhile it's already 76% gain. I don't except to see such numbers on stock T3's battery, but it's not the point here. The point is gain compared to regular use.
    Will report back tomorrow the final result for T3 (test is being recorded automatically). By tomorrow i will also have time-voltage discharge graph. And will know whether it lost data. So stay tuned :-)

Hi guys ..........

What is the website where wee can check on updates to this program, etc.....?

Cheers,

Syno

My T3 test if finished.
    If i say that I'm happy with the results - it woudln't express my feeling for even a quarter.

Here's the data:
    Total time without FullPower:...... 5 hours 18 minutes.
    Total time with FullPower:..... 10 hours 6 minutes!!!!!!
    Total gain: 90.5%
    But there was a data loss at the end, just like Sjweise. AT the end (7 min before shudown) it game me a warning, and lowest voltage T3 operated was 3.30v. In the morning, after recharge, it was just like after hard reset.
    But this is not a problem at all. See why.

I also recorderd voltage drop over time (no percentage though, coz i could record only one value).
    Take a look:

As you see - discharge graph is not linear, In fact it is very close to TE discharge graph here After ~3.6v - voltage starts to drop very fast, and between 3.6 and 3.3 - there is almost no gain whatever.
    This means that if you set up lowest voltage to 3.6v - you will make sure that you use close to 98% of battery power from one side, and that you are still very far from data loss from another side.
    From this moment - Full power is permanent app on my palm, just like Tcpmp.
    Thank you Mobile_Stream for this piece of art

So where do we purchase it?

Cheers,

Syno

............ also, once we get it:

What (safe) setting do you suggest?

Cheers,

Syno

It's free. See my first post for download link.

Read my last post - i write about it

At the risk of sounding unspeakably smug, you sould just buy a T5 with flash memory and avoid all these tedious problems.

Oh yes...

...that'd be the T5 everyone keeps saying is a load of *&$%?!!!

So you have narrowed the options down to spending $399 for an additional device that you don't need, or you can download a free utility. It really makes a lot of CENTS! Ha! Ha!

Seriously, I don't think the T5 is a bad device. I just prefer using the T3 because it meets my needs and does a great job of running the applications I need. I'll admit the T5 does not have as many application problems as it had when it was first released. If you read the posts that curse the T5, I think you will find they were posted before software developers started releasing patches to fix the T5's glitches. The number of people cursing the T5 is declining.

Follow junglemike's link at top of thread - NOW the zipped file is NEWER; app size has gone from 45k to 76k and obviously "newer," dated 6/14/05 (believe previous was 6/5/05).

Junglemike . . . is there any documentation for this thing other than the short "read me" included? If other programs will pick up the voltage changes, I'll take another stab at somewhat lowering/testing.

Thanks.

ADDENDUM:
    http://mobile-stream.com/
    Info on FullPower is at very bottom of page, center.

Zip file's Read Me states:

1. other battery proggies won't indicate changes
    2. Perform UNINSTALL & soft reset on previous versions
    3. This is version 1.05
    4. Use the Uninstall drop-down menu to uninstall the proggie and SOFT RESET.
    5. Default values are regained by soft reset.

I'm not sure how this proggie affects RECHARGING, if at all (does it take longer to show "full?" I have not elected to "disable all battery warnings," and perhaps JM can weigh in on whether that's appropriate.

Now we're getting somewhere! - I'm trying it at 3.55 right now. Will ignore other batt indicators/gauges, and Filez etc, and test this today. Should know by tonight.

Hi, how are you doing? :-)
    Yes, you need slightly longer time to recharge ( up to 30% longer) if you enable FullPower.

Disabling warnings - is a good thing to do IMO. If you set lowest voltage to ~ 3.5-3.6v - you will have number of low and critical resets, which are always very annoying (also before FullPower existed). But be prepared to that your T3 can shutdown unexpectedly, without any notifications. Most chances you willnot be able to swith it back ON to get couple of minutes more. Only plugging the charger you will be able to continue work. If you ready for this - than go ahead and disable the wornings. Bu don't set voltage below 3.30v (even 3.40v) - or you will loose your data.
    This program is real heaven for T3. All T3 users on rabroad, and on russian forum (where Mobile Stream posts) are reporting 50% increase or more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information