Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clicked on free Bell PVR offer ad

I've never heard of TIP Communications. They only businesses that I recall being on Bulmer Ave is a bar owned by a former Boston Bruin, a hairdresser, and a Subway restaurant.

Seems a little fishy to me.

jayoldschool

That is the first sentence on the website I found by googling "TIP Communications Bell"

Pretty obvious to me that the OP signed up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm thinking that if it was all above board, the girl (Sara) from TIP Communications would not have made it sound as if she worked for Bell (saying that she was calling from "Bell TV -pause- promotions"), and definitely would not have told me to cancel my current account and register as a new customer.

Pinza

For TIP Communications, read (TIG) The Installation Group, same address.

Also use a URL of getabell dot tv.

They an NI (National Installer) for Bell TV, owned and run by Robert Lefebvre, of Lefebvre Electronics.

This banner ad campain is all over the Internet on FTA sites, this one and many many more. For the first few weeks the name TIP did not appear and simply clicking "Submit" send off a blank form, I know 'cos I did it.

Not a very well respected outfit, from what I read and hear from Technicians, lots of internal problems. They also, again I know it is second hand but anyway, have been getting or got a lot of grief from Bell TV about this Ad Campaign, which is why the layout and text on the banners changed and included the reference to TIP.

I am at a loss to know how they can just ship out a receiver, it is against just about everything that Bell have ever done to ensure unactivated receivers and NEVER left with Customers, which was done in an effort to stamp out or at the very least cut back on piracy.

My advice would be to call Bell TV and give them the R00 and S06 #'s from the 5900 and ask them if this receiver is an ORS (Out Right Sale) one and is it free to be activated on an EXISTING account. I have a nagging suspicion that it might be a Rental Unit and you will be expected to sign a 2 Year Contract but that is so against Bell's Policy if it is that it is unreal.

I would ask that you keep us here at DHC in the loop as this is very interesting, well to me anyway.....lol

Pinza

By creating a new account, TIP would get paid for the "New Customer" and then they will also get paid for the Installation if they carry one out.

Trust me the amount they get for a "New Customer" is substantial.....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had a feeling that it involved Lefevbre Electronics because the used to use the "getabell" address for their website. I am willing to bet that these are refurbs.

I guess that by using the Bulmer Ave address they are able to keep everything separate from their retail location (which is also the base for the installs).

I'm interesting in hearing from the OP what the deal on this receiver is.

Panache70

I noticed on the website that they ask you if your tv is HD or not.

Am I to understand that if I give them any shipping address they will ship a 9241 there?

Afterwards, I could activate it on my account? I suppose this would lock me into a contract (undetermined length).

They say some conditions apply, but I can't find any info.

el gallo

a **** load of bells recievers are refurbs, these are some shady companies...

Pinza

That is 100% correct el gallo, even a whack of 9241's in several warehouses are now refurbs, of course a rental Customer has to take what is given but an ORS (Paying) Customer should be getting brand new.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know that, I used to work in a Bell store. What they are suggesting I do is against company policy, and their franchise agreement. That is why I say it is not above board.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information