Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    dgour98

Feb 11th Toll Free Help Line is Busy (6100's down)

My 6100 has been down since 2pm or so. Called tech and the guy said i was the 3rd customer in a row with the exact same problem (locked on loading 2 of 5).
    Can't access signal strenth or any menu at all. Tech left and came back saying down't worry, all the 6100 are down. I said "all?" He said, "well, probably most as they are trying to update the receiver and having problems".

He suggest i just let it be and it will correct itself. Not the answer i was looking for.

I wanted to change this piece of crap receiver anyway and today was the best chance to do so. Tech guy hung up before i got the chance to say anything else.

I guess i'm happy to see i'm not alone so i guess it will get fixed. lol

On that note, that darn 6100 i've had it since October.. the guide keeps reloading constantly and at 3/4 thru it stops and then restarts. I need to manually shut it off sometimes to get the guide to load properly. I'm renting it. Are all 6100 crap?
    It doesn't come close to the 3100 in channel speed. I only have it for the HD but it's not worth it all, the extra costs and all.

coaster

My 4700 went through the cycling on/off bit for about 1/2 hour yesterday also. It came back about 4:15 Eastern and is still working this a.m.

dgour98

Oh ya, i should mention that yes the phone lines are cut off, can't talk to no techs now at all. This is fine if there are 20,000 6100 reciver owners calling them up, i can see the phone get jammed...

BUT, can't the idiots post something on their website?!?!?!?! At least we would all know that's it not our actual receivers that broke down but a general problem??? Is that so hard to do???

peano

This is due to an anti-piracy effort on the 6100. Once again legit customers get screwed.

Deezeex

Still "no go" here. Waiting...

Deezeex

Reset my 6100, and all is fine. Thanks everyone for the situation updates.

Boavista

yea it shure as hell is a pice of junk! How much are the new non PVR's going for? i might pick me up one of those...

peano

Fact. They downloaded new firmware so the receivers can accept the new Rom 240 card. A card swap is in the works.

Boavista

yea i know eh.. i bet joe and jane down the road are laughing at me while their pirated 6100 works fine

arminia

I'm having a problem with my 6000. It keeps turning on and off. Tech told me it was their problem. Down now for 3 hours. Not turning on and off anymore but still acquiring signal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information