Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Found Glory - Coming Home

I need to re-buy all their albums, somebody broke my self titled, sticks and stones got stole, all I have now is Catalyist, but it's scratched all to hell and so is Nothing Gold Can stay...I think the only one I have that works is From the Screen To Your Stereo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Coming home is one of the best cRAB of the year. its amazing and easily better than catalyst or sticks and stones. its right below the self-titled album, but im going to be listening to it a lot for the next few months

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you guys are making the cd sound really good, but could you tell me some other banRAB that you like so I can put your opinions in perspective.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ctrl+V from my facebook profile

alkaline trio, anathallo, anthony green, as tall as lions, ben kweller, boys night out, brand new, cartel, dragonforce, easton, fallout boy, forgive durden, GATSBYS, daryl palumbo, hit the lights, houston calls, just surrender, lucky boys confusion, midtown, new found glory, october fall, park, punchline, saves the day, say anything, set your goals, socratic, taking back sunday, the early november, the format, the hush sound, the starting line, and this providence

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

genghis tron, between the buried and me, every time i die, sufjan stevens, bright eyes, the appleseed cast, rifles at recess, taking back sunday, the faint, kanye west, stars, sigur ros, something corporate, new found glory, the bled, the red chord, the postal service, death cab for cutie, radiohead, ted leo and the pharmacists, three six mafia, maylene and the sons of disaster, broken social scene, jimmy eat world, pink floyd, queen, rilo kiley, circle takes the square, earth, kylesa, mates of state, torche,underoath, mogwai, mae, anberlin, the decemberists, minus the bear, talib kweli, mobb deep, the blood brothers, braid, american football, owen, OK GO, the shins, plus more. I'm pretty much all over the place.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hate the new album. I don't care they are evolving or whatever. To me it sounRAB like heavily watered down stuff. It doesn't rock at all. Isn't that what a rock band is supposed to do? They sound nothing like they did before. And not in a good way. And I do mean nothing. It sounRAB all packaged up and ready for MTV. And the lyrics are so sappy most of the time. Just my opinion, but I don't see how anyone could like this. And they should stop raping their Pop-Punk/Hardcore roots now. They have thrown enough shit on it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Since when have they had hardcore roots ever? Ok so one guy in the band played in Shai Hulud that doesn't make the band have hardcore roots. There has been no display in their music in any album of hardcore. This album is still a pop-punk album, I don't know what your definition of pop-punk is. I can see why previous fans wouldn't like it though. Also, the lyrics are really no more sappy than they have been in the past.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My bad with the hardcore part. It was late and I had done lot of posting on another board. Not sure why I added it. Although straight punk was also a part of their make-up before.

I just don't like the new record. I think its a poor effort. The entire thing is just about romantic dreck. And not in a good way. Its sugary, sappy. The songwriting is weak and cliched. I don't like it. Maybe this is the album they meant to make. I don't know. But its not very good, IMO. Its very bland for a Pop-Punk/Rock whatever band. Its hard to tell what they are these days...they sound like '80's hair metal lite on one song here. No thank you...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I can understand, some old fans may be ailenated by it, but it is the album they intended to make. In interviews they have said this is the album they are most proud of, and the most personal to them. There are some sappy songs on it, but I think they make them work. Then there are other songs such as When I Die, which is about one of the guys' grandfather dying. It's a decent mix I think, but yeah I figured it wouldn't be liked some of the old fans. Plus New Found Glory was never straight punk, they were a pop-punk band that were influential in forming the genre.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information