Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    1sunny1

In Desperate Need of HELP! PLEASE read my story...

Maybe I should go back on it? But I really don't feel I have anxiety or depression. What I feel is that this illness is GIVING me anxiety and depression.

The other thing that threw me off was that when I would ask other people or doctors about nortriptyline, they had no idea what it was.[/QUOTE]

The above is exactly why you should take it, the problems you are having would give anyone anxiety and depression, so please go back on it, like I said before, antidepressants treat more than depression. Let me know how you are doing?

Sunny

P.S. my son is also going thru the same thing, I just had the same conversation with him, he is in his 30's.

NYCman

I have a question. If the risk of esophagus cancer exists. And on top of that, long term use of GERD meRAB is no good fo us...then why can't we all just get
    Laparoscopic nissen fundoplication surgery? This is a serious question. By the way, I'm 24 and have had GERD/Acid Reflux for about 6 months. According to an endoscopy, it is minimal GERD. I am currently on no MeRAB.

Zoe26

I have another question ...

Do you guys suggest doing a FEEAST test or is it basically meaningless? One doctor told me it will prove if I have acid reflux or not, while another one told me that it shows nothing and is completely pointless.

I'm trying to take baby steps before I do a Bravo pH test or Barium Swallow. Anyone take the FEEAST test and can say if it is worthwhile? What does it show exactly?

tillywinks1

Hi I have had nauesa everyday 24/7 since July of 2007. I had lunch (plain 1/2 turkey sandwich at a restaurant) in 2 hours diarrea (sp) and nauesa. Thought food poisioning, but 2 years later?? No, I have been to 3 hospitals, can't count how many doctors, only too to find nothing wrong. Doctor at Stanford told me I probably swallow to much air!! I also belch alot, I have a dull ache in my breastbone area, like a washcloth is being squeezed out. I have multiple CT scans, 2 endo's, 2 colonoscopies, gastro emptying study, test for over 100 allergens, bowel samples for bacteria, etc. It does not matter what I eat. I have never been a spicy food person, but if I was it would not matter. If I overeat, by overeat for my standard, like even a 1/2 cup of yougurt I have more nauesa and discomfort in my stomach area. Also been checked for Barrett, celiac sprue.
    So I usually just have a couple of tablespoons of something several times a day. I weigh anywhere from 95 to 98 lbs from 115. I am too depressed, I feel like people watch everything I put on my plate and think I have a eating disorder. People with eating disorders do not still want the food. Getting some antidepressants figured out and try to get to the point where I at least want to be around people again. Right now I am perfectly happy to be by myself. I know this is not me. My husband is more than patient with me. I have asked to stay home on a nuraber of social events because I feel so crappy that I do not want to make small talk etc. I have been told its GERD and stress, maybe so, I just do not know anymore.
    ChristyPie

1sunny1

I have a nephew that went thru all that you talk about, they in the end put him on nortriptylene, it took a few weeks, but he is 100% better now. Antidepressants do more than treat depression, they also treat the pain associated with it.

Sunny

neveragain444

Is there an actual lump or is it just a sensation feeling of a lump?

If an actual lump exists, you want to rule out cancer. If it's just a feeling, it's very likely your muscles are tightening and I first hand know how severely painful that can be & reflux does cause it. Rest assured.

Try a different medication from your doctor, seriously!

I would not try depression medication for this. It is not going to help that problem. Nortriptyline may help you sleep better, it's not for gastrointestinal issues.

Cyrabalta may help some people with Fibromyalgia, but it didn't phase me. Antidepressants made me more depressed. I would not recommend them to my dog!

My daughter & I both have chronic reflux issues + post nasal drip issues. Maybe one has something to do with the other?? Mine is usually it's worst when I get a virus. She takes medication for hers, Loratadine during flare ups and it clears her up, otherwise she's up during the night coughing and always clearing her throat. There is a surgery you can have done with your espophagus to help that problem, would not recommend it though.. That's pretty invasive. Have you tried allergy medication for that?

I believe Carafate is a med I've taken before that coats your esophagus & stomach lining preventing further damage from whatever. It's only used short term though.

TEdds83

Dear Zoe....bless your heart. I am so sorry you are going through all this. Expecially at your age. You are so young and in your prime. You shouldn't be feeling like this. Most likely I would think it would be some depression and anxiety. Even when you don't think it's going on in your life, sometimes it is and your body is just telling you that it's under pressure. I also think you might have silent acid reflux. I have that too. A good indication of that is the lump in the throat. I have alot of reflux where I don't feel the burning sensation but I will have this gunk in my throat and a little cough. It is a post nasal drip thing that comes from the reflux and come back down your throat. All of this can make any of us depressed.

If you were old like me ( I am 44) I would say you might be going through perimenopause. Ugh! Believe me you won't like this at all. I am totally confused with my symptoms right now to be honest. I feel so crappy and also wonder if I am dying....and I am not sure if it is my pms, low hormones,perimenopause and low thyroid issues, or if I am depressed and needing medication for that and then it will treat all my aches and pains. It's like which is causing which? I don't know which thing to treat or to treat them all. I don't want to over medicate. I am sure you don't eithor.

Today is rough for me. I am curled up on my bed with my heating pad just feeling like my good life has been robbed from me. You may have to look at your circumstances too. In my case...my husband and I are close to losing our house in a few months to foreclosure, we are barely paying the bills, I am sad because my two daughters and grown up and in their early 20's and moved out, so I have the empty nest syndrome. I am kind of having a midlife crisis. I don't know where to go with my life and I feel all broken down.

You on the other hand are just 29. I don't think it's hormonal. Maybe you are under stress. Regardless you will get it figured out. Don't let this rob you of this happy time in your life! Hang in there! Find all the help you need.:angel:

TEdds83

Personally Zoe...I know I am not a doctor but sometimes I think people can over medicate. I am not saying don't take your doctors advice, however I have sought out the help of naturalpathic pharmacist and health food stores for alternative things to do. I can't take all those presciption acid reflux meRAB. I am allegic to sucralose (and artificial sweetner) put in most of those. They use binders too that could be making you not feel well. For this very reason I have made a decision to go back to college to be a pharmacist and go into wellness with it. I am going to help people like you and me. To treat the whole person. Not just the symptoms. I really pray you will be feeling better!! This is no way to live.

I take some natural tablets from the healthfood store, as well as digestive enzymes. I use Tums as needed and take Xyzal for my allergies. (I do have bad allergies) Its so tricky trying to balance our bodies into feeing well. My goal in life is to help others. I pray that God well give me the Grace and ability to go through college in my 40's.

Zoe26

what gall bladder test should i check for? all i recall doing is a sonogram of the stomach, neck...and blood tests. what else checks the gall bladder in better detail?

unsi

Hi, am 16 and ive been sufferng from acid reflux since over 2 years.ive had a endoscopy,barium xray didnt show any signs of acid reflux.until i had ph studies which showed that there was excess amount of acid reflux.ive tried many medication from gaviscon to lansaprazole, nexium,rantidine.for my stabbings i got in my stomach i had a colonscopy.for that i was on buscopan now im on dempordone.as my medication isnt helpng im going to have Laparoscopic nissen fundoplication sugrey.looking at the pros n cons off sugrey it is better to have the sugrey than sufferng from long term acid reflux ,if acid reflux is not treated you are @ a high risk of gettings oesophagus cancer.

have you had a ph study???

i wish you all the best.and requested you to pray the sugrey is successful.:angel:

thankyou

unsi :wave:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information