Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    joquiero

What foods don't cause acne??

Not bad, but too much of anything is bad and its easy to overconsume when you're drinking something.

Pomegranite juice is suposed to be the BEST for your skin as its so high in antioxidants (higher than green tea or any other juice)

andrew127

Why are peas bad for you????????

Joe_Dude

''I have read over and over and over again, plus heard from 2 different derms that food does NOT cause acne. This is an "old wive's tale" and very outdated information.
    ''

Well, just stick to your theory and we'll see how far you'll come.

replay57

I dont think rice (white or brown) is bad for your acne. For one, the majority of the asian population eats rice everyday. I'm not trying to be bias but most asians have very healthy looking skin.

Anibanani

you don't have to take anyone's word for it if you really want to know about
    the diet/acne connection just try it yourself and then dispute the validity of this claim

joquiero

[QUOTE=ChariK]There is no medical link between food and acne. I've read so many stories from upset people who say that their skin is terrible, yet they eat healthy, don't smoke, don't drink, yet their frienRAB stay out all night partying, smoking and drinking, and eat fast food all the time. There is absolutely no direct proven link between diet and acne.

QUOTE]

I think some people may be predisposed to acne and food may trigger it. Its like some people are genetically predisposed to cancer but its certain triggers (ie living near power lines) that ultimately bring on the disease.

Oh, and people who eat healthy and still have acne may a) be eating all the wrong 'healthy fooRAB' (ie "...but I eat ALL low fat products!")
    b) have only started to eat healthy AFTER getting acne

Using your theory, smoking doesn't kill people because only 1/4 of smokers will die before 60 of smoke related illnesses - and if most who do it don't die prematurely then it smoking CAN'T REALLY be causing diseases.

The fact is, we really still don't know WHAT causes acne or WHy people get it so you can't really say conclusively either way.

joquiero

They're the size of sesame seeRAB (a little bigger maybe) but flat and dark brown and contain an amazingly high level of omega 3.

I consume mine in the form of a mix of cold pressed oils such as flax, borage and evening primrose with omegas 3, 6, & 9 (Called 'The Total EFA' brand: Health From the Sun)

I also use ground flax seeRAB to add to my oatmeal - you can also bake with it.

It is also very high in fiber. just a 1/4 cup is half your daily fibre requirement.

turbonamja

Hey guys ... here is what I eat pretty much everyday and what I stayed away from (in a nutshell):

I drink about a gallon of water per day ... maybe more or a bit less.
    Brown rice 1-2 servings per day.
    Fruits such as nectarines/watermeleons/honeydew/pears
    Vegys such as tomatoes/brocolli/spinach/cucurabers
    For my proteins I have been intaking a lot of mixed fish from salmon to orange fish. I have been eating lean beef but will switch to lean turkey. Of course chicken (legs/thighs/breasts/wings ... all skinless and never fried)

Thats pretty much what I have been eating. I used to eat raw peanuts but maybe that was adding to the breakouts? I will update when I can

Fury23

Slow cook Oatmeal is ok for SOME people. It is very filling.

Joe_Dude

Yeah borwn rice is good for you

What are flaxseeRAB?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information