Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Catholic_dad

Need help getting off Suboxone

One other thing, if for some reason you take Sub again do not beat yourself up. I have been tapering and I have to say it is not bad at all. I am ready to jump off and I went from 8mg to almost nothing and it didn't even take that long, just a few days. The way you do it is you take one tiny piece in the morning and then tiny tiny pieces throughout the day and this tricks your mind and I literally have not had any WD's. I really do encourage you to keep up the fight and don't give in, but if you do, don't let it get you down and stay strong. I went from one 8mg pill a day and now that pill lasts for over a week or more. Stay strong and pray. If you are religous spend time in prayer and if not then just meditate by closing your eyes and think of something beautiful and focus on it. You will get through this if you choose to. If you take the Sub again, then resolve to yourself that you are going to get on a regimented taper program and stick with it. But at 7 days you don't need to do that. Stay strong and hustle. I will pray for you.

Ryan

ANGELINMICHIGAN

Sverige82....I just read your post and there has got to be a better way of going about it than taking a piece of a suboxone. I am not judging you because it is the most difficult thing that you probably have gone through in your life (I know it was for me and others on these boarRAB). You probably have read my story (several times) and I have just been through it and the sleep deprivation is the absolute worst. It has been 6 weeks for me and I take Arabien and I am just starting to get 5 hrs of sleep if I am lucky!!!! I was in terrible shape shaking and anxious and couldn't think straight, restless legs, the exact same as you. My husband to me to my family doc and he was worried as my blood pressure was up and my heart rate was also. He told me to take Valium or Ativan (Lorezepam) just to settle me down as he was worried but.....told me both were addictive if taken for too long but he thought I need a few. He wrote me out a script for the Lorezepam and I only took it when I was absolutely desperate, like you took the sub crurab. I was worried about taking the Lorezepam as I had read on these boarRAB about people that were addicted to that. I probably took 10 of them in three weeks and the doc prescribed a lot more. He said I could take two a day as needed. I was fine, I didn't get addicted to it because I didn't take enough. It did settle me down a bit and helped me to sleep, but I only took when I was desperate. This is only my opinion and I don't want you (or anyone) to get mad at me for saying this but.......that little crurab you took yesterday is what I was on for two weeks to keep me feeling normal and that was my last taper, actually I took less for 2 weeks than you took yesterday. You took 1/4 of one and I was on probably 1/2 of 1/8th which was almost a dot. This sub is very strong and "controlling"!!!! Please don't get upset at me but I worry about you taking that 1/4 of a sub. I was on 2mg. I can't remeraber the strength of your last pill you are using to taper?

I hope I am not out of line. That is what these boarRAB are for and I hope you forgive me because I am not trying to be negative. I want to help you get through your withdrawl. I would suggest that you talk to your doctor and see if there is something better to take than a crurab of sub to get off of the suboxone. Make sure you talk to the doc because you want to make sure that it mixes with any other meRAB you might be on for pain. I know Denon just went through all of the same (only off of oxy) and that is what he did also, he took valium to help him sleep. I don't think he is taking that now either, he is "drug free". You can post to him and talk to him also.

Take care of yourself and I am here for you and I know it is very easy to relapse but....I don't want you to do that after how far you have come.

I am thinking about you

Lyn

Secrets1983

Hey!

Sometimes it's good to just post your thoughts and I am glad you did! It helps.. I swear it does!!!

It sounRAB like right now you are in a bad spot.. The w/d are completely overwhelming and I remeraber how bad it feels!! You are not weak.. If you were.. You would not be doing what you are doing! That is a fact!

Those restless crawly legs.... THEY ARE THE WORST!! That along and the panic attack you feel you are having all the time were the worst for me.. What I did was take SUPER hot baths.. The sauna will be great for you... Maybe you could also soak in the hot tub too.. I would have killed for a hot tub when I was in w/d... It was the only thing that would have calmed me down was hot water!!!!

Hang in there and keep posting.... Talk thru it.... This CAN'T and WON'T last forever even though I know each minute feels like an hour. I am praying for your relief!!!!!

Keep us posted!!!!!
    ~Secrets

Sverige82

Hi Secrets!!

Believe it or not, I'm actually doing pretty good! A few yawnings and shivers here and there but that's about it!

I actually feel good!

Secrets1983

Hey friend,

It sounRAB like you are in a BAD place right now! I am really sorry to hear you are feeling so low right now.

I know how it seems like it would fix a lot of things for you right now if you started taking the sub again but I promise you it won't. Things in my personal life have been not good as of late and it's been VERY tempting to think that if I just took a couple pills I would have a couple hours of good feelings but I know that would just make things worse.... I know you have A LOT going on right now and I am sorry it seems like everything is falling apart at the same time but you CAN make it thru these issue's with out going back on the sub. You are a STRONG man. I know sometimes we all feel defeated and want to give up but that is why we have this support group here... To help hold each other up when we can't do it alone.

We are here for you and we really would appreciate another update. We are all very worried friend...... let us know how you are holding up! THINKING OF YOU!!!!!

Sending you a warm hug......
    XOXOXOX

ebird6

hey-

you are strong and that is very very admirable. i have a question though-
    i was on suboxen after detoxing from 11 and half years of methadone and even though i was only on it for a month...i didnt have the symptoms you did. do you know why that is?

Sverige82

Day 8.

4:th night I haven't been able to sleep, it's starting to wear me out, i only get 1-2 hours of sleep every night, work 12 hours and go back home, it's really killing me.

On a side not, the WD's are almost gone, I'm starting to feel normal for each day, it's just the damn restless leg crap that is tearing me apart.

I tried hot showers, I tried vitamins and what not, I tried it all, still nothing.

Anyone know how long this crap is going take?

AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ALL!!!!

T-minus 10 hours 27 min until I get off work

Catholic_dad

Thanks for the advice. I am tapering and stopping smoking cigarettes at the same time. I am going to hit the gym tonight and hit it hard. I feel terrible right now aned have been just lounging and it is starting to really make my wife mad. I am going to hit the gym. I am down to tiny bits of Sub and am just about ready to jump off. I am disgusted that I ever got hooked to vicodin in the first place and this has been going on for 4 years now. I have not taken Vicodin in 3 years but I ended up switching from one addiction to another and I am disgusted with who I am. Everyone thinks I am a great guy and aside from my spouse nobody knows that I am nothing more then a dirtbag drug addict. Subutex is a drug and although I am happy I am not taking the vikes anymore I am still a friggin drug addict, something I swore would never happen to me. I don't agree that addiction is a disease, at least not for me, I chose to get strung out on Vicodin and that was my choice, nobody forced me to do it.

Now I get to know for the rest of my life that I was a drug addict. No better then a heroin addict or crack addict. I am a stinkin drug addict.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Ryan

Sverige82

Day Six:

Today is actually not so bad, I didn't get much sleep as usual, haven't eaten anything solid for a few days, but I actually feel alright.
    Might be because I stuffed myself with all kinRAB of fruits and vitamins last night. Or maybe i'm just running on my last tank of adrenaline.

I think the worst is behind me, i'm not as cold, not as..jittery..however, that restless leg crap is still there, and that's one thing i just cant deal with.

Anyways, i'ts 9.38, sitting in my office as usual and counting down until I can go home.

T-Minus 10 Hrs. 21 min.

amed225

hey there, angel is right if you keep taking even just a little you are sending yourself back into withdrawals. if you can get something to sleep, i take xanex, that might help you. i don't feel like xanax is a problem for me because i don't really like it, never take it to get high, only to go to sleep. not the same with hydrocodone which i would LOVE to be able to take but know i would be starting all over again. once you get passed a week or two you will feel much better. i am fighting the cravings right now, yesterday was a bad day, i would have loved to take a few pills and it would of turned my day into something wonderful. but of course not for long and i held off and here it is today and i am still clean. so hang in there, you can beat this thing. the gym is a great idea, i worked out like a mad woman last night, it sure made me feel LOTS better. stay strong, the days will get better, i promise!! peace, amed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information