Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need a grown up phone!

Well guys, I've ordered it!!

It will be here in 3-5 days.

Thanks for all your input.

I need a grown up phone!

Yes you can assign different ringtones to each person...you can use mp3 ringtones with MiniTones and under the Treo contact management you can add the different ringtones for each person

I need a grown up phone!

Yay!!

Thanks so much!!

I'm getting excited about this phone.

I need a grown up phone!

Wait, which one did you order? The 680?

I need a grown up phone!

If I was to replace my Samsung i730 with a Cingular PDA, it would be the 8525.

Palm OS is good too, like davis explained. I had a Treo 650 for a little bit and Palm OS is a good OS, the only thing is it can get boring after awhile. It is very stable and responsive though.

I need a grown up phone!

I ordered the Treo 680. I'm a newbie to smartphones.

She is on her way, I should get her by tomorrow. I'm so excited.

I need a grown up phone!

LOL shouldnt have wasted your money, you coulda got a REAL HTC phone for the same price. hell even the HTC wizard or Jamin would of been better

I need a grown up phone!

I know I'm going to be happy with my purchase. I don't need all those extra stuff. Like I said, I'm new to this.

Thanks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need a grown up phone!

I wish you luck with the Palm device. I hope you won't be sending it back shortly. The Palm 680 is still a Palm device with the (old and archaic) Palm O/S and also very prone to random reboots and other issues. I had 3 Treo 600s and a 650 before giving up. No way would I go back.

I disagree that a BB is only good as an email device. I have an 8700c and use it for voice, email, surfing, contacts, calendar, etc. The O/S is rock solid and I have very few issue with it. If I do, I pull the battery for 30 seconds or so and all is well again.

I need a grown up phone!

Everyone is going to say weither the phone OS they use is better than the other. Some people have used both and like both, some like one or the other, etc..yes Palm is outdated in some aspects. Yes almost every OS has random reboots for whatever the matter is. Most of the time it's the software that is added one that causes it to crash not the OS itself. Some people don't need the ability that WM or Palm has so they go with a BB. BB's are stepping up but if you look at the third party applications compared to Palm and WM they are alittle behind, but they should be picking up soon due to the new BB's out with camera's and media capibilities.

Most of the reboots that both WM and Palm have can be troubleshooted down to the program and the cause. There are various programs out for both that can log whatever is the cause of the reboot. It's just like the constant Mac and PC debate...some people are always going to talk bad about the other for whatever reason They dont like it/need it. Same with the Sidekick3/MDA threads that were out when the Sidekick3 came out...alot of dirt slinging about which device is better....it's up to the user to decide which device would be better for them on what they want/need in the device.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information