Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"Beauty and the Beast" Talkback (Spoilers)

Yeah, because even the "theatrical cut" of the movie still contains backgrounds that were re-drawn for the IMAX "special edition" release of the movie. That, and the "Beast Stutter" is completely missing ("Y-y-you wanna stay in the tower?!"). Like The Lion King, I hope the eventual Blu-Ray release will offer the genuine theatrical version.

I like Beauty and the Beast...it's been one of my favorite Disney movies since I first saw it back in '91....I love the songs (especially "Belle",the title song,and "Gaston",despite the fact I don't even like him),and think the Beast is one of their more interesting characters (he starts of as being spoiled/mean and ends up being redeemed by falling in love with Belle)...

I rather like this movie. It has some gourgous art, everything looks great. And Gaston is one of my favorite Disney villains. He's massive ego causes him to steal whatever scene he's in, and his transformation from just an egotestical jerk to a full blown villain was great.

All in all, very good.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

probably my favorite disney movie

hopefully the 2-disc dvd won't be as bad as the other dvd previously released

but at least i still have my vhs

Well, one can only hope the Blue Ray and new DVD realize is better, after all, they're calling it the Diamond Edition...it better be good.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Probably THE best score out of all the flicks during this period, both during the numbers and the other sequences (like the infamous score for the transformation scene). Gaston is awesome, both the character himself and that song that sticks to your brain like chewing gum ("and every last inch of me's covered in hair!"), and the design of the Beast is great. Other than that, it's okay, but still the most watchable out of all the Disney films made during this era.

Not to mention that Disney messed up the picture quality so it looks more like a DTV animated movie than a theatrical one.

What do you guys think of the "Human Again" sequence?

Anyone else think it's really at odds with the rest of the movie's tone? It's just... SO, SOOOO cartoony.

I think maybe if they toned down the brightness of that sequence it would've looked more like the original. However the song itself is good (being a Howard Ashman song as well).

It may have been cartoony, but I personally felt it did connect into the movie well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information