Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are programs that will put you through medical school first and you do not do a boot camp in the sense of regular boot camp. Have you finished your bachelor's degree yet?

Note: Not everyone goes through basic training. Medical officers are treated differently in that they go to schools during their summers at Fort Sam Huston. It is very different than regular basic because they want to make sure that potential docs do not get hurt. If they sent docs through regular basic and they got hurt, thousands of dollars would be wasted. They also focus on military medicine. Doctors can also get direct commissions and then they attend medical officer basic.

There are programs that will put you through medical school first and you do not do a boot camp in the sense of regular boot camp. Have you finished your bachelor's degree yet?

Note: Not everyone goes through basic training. Medical officers are treated differently in that they go to schools during their summers at Fort Sam Huston. It is very different than regular basic because they want to make sure that potential docs do not get hurt. If they sent docs through regular basic and they got hurt, thousands of dollars would be wasted. They also focus on military medicine. Doctors can also get direct commissions and then they attend medical officer basic.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    every person has to go to basic for 9 weeks (add a week for processing) it's not that bad though! i'm leaving soon 4 it! you have to go wherever your needed and where the army sends you whether you like it or not! you become government property. you have to complete basic before you get any benefits. after basic you go to your ait (advanced individual training) and depending on your mos (job) u'll b there for a couple more weeks! like 4 my mos i'm there 4 22 weeks and my bf is there for only 8!

Get the fuck out of here….

So basically you want BENEFITS and the UNIFORM without “key word†WORKING for it? The military is not for you. My god. Get the fuck out of here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information