Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a conservative I agree with both of your points.

Yes, it's important to take care of our environment and resources and green manufacturing would be beneficial to both the environment and our economy.

In fact, I've been been going green for many years and have never exploited resources. However, I do not buy into Owl Goreism and everything that would represent.

I still see great need for using our own resources such as natural gas, clean coal and the development of nuclear power plants. We must quit relying on other countries to provide us with fuel when we have our own and in my opinion, what we're doing is outrageous!

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1) No, corporations must control their pollution and make forecasts on their own or else they will fail - (ie they get sued or their products become inferior and they fold)

2) It could be beneficial, but propping it up against the market using government money is not beneficial

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1: Even conservatives advocate recycling and taking care of the planet.
    2: the US outsourced it's heavy industry to China years ago. Cap & Trade in the US does nothing to regulate China Green manufacturing in the US cost more and STILL doesn't offset the impact of 1920's style manufacturing in China.

Killing our own economy by taxing oursleves to death to save the planet only works if EVERYONE gets on board. As long as China continues to do it's own thing, the US could pump raw sewage into the everglades for a decade and still not come close to the impact China has on global pollution in a single year.

Sick of the Reich-wing.
    good point---even if global warmings is a myth the world is still being ruined by pollution. I grew up in California and our beaches used to be so nice to swim in. Pollution has made the water filthy and disgusting.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ALL CONSERVATIVES CARE ABOUT IS MONEY AND POWER! BOTTOM LINE! THE YHAVE NO HEART AND NO SOUL AS HUMANS

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont think global warming is real, should i have to use my tax $ to pay for something that doesn't exist??

nope

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes we need to preserve bio-diversity for its natural beauty as well.

reneweable energy will remove us away from the middle-east lol.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't answer for all conservatives, but I have absolutely no problem going after companies/corporations/individuals who pollute our environment.

I do however have a problem with Cap and Trade Legislation, which Will cause the last remaining manufacturing jobs we have left in this country to flee to countries like China and India, who have both stated they will Not enact similar legislation. Plain and simple, it currently isn't a level playing field and all that the Cap and Trade Legislation will do, is make that unfair playing field even harder for the U.S. to compete.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try higher cancer rates for one

payettehenry
    Pollution is a problem that needs to be mitigated. CO2 pollution is not a problem, and we are wasting all our time and money on it. we need to focus on more important problems.

green manufacturing, in the sense that it conserves resources, reduces actual pollution, and is cost effective, is a good idea. but forcing manufacturers to go green is only going to result in economic failure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information