Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    dirtyjeffer

Any News On Any New Channels?

exactly my point...bell wouldn't be wasting money and bandwidth on channels that weren't in "demand"...i guess the only downfall is, what if XYZ channel only has 5,000 people watching it, whereas FoxNews will have 100,000 viewers...do they anger the 5,000 people and remove their channel, simply to appease the 100,000?

i guess its a tough call.

maybe in the next year or so, Bell will put up a 500 transponder monster satellite that has enough capacity for 5000 HD channels.

Liverpud

I live in a condo and I dont believe there is a 2nd satellite on the rooftop. Is this the reason I dont have access to Nimiq82. If so, does this mean I will never be able to access any new channels ? I was hoping to watch GOLtv but channel #404 is nowhere to be found.Thanks

HDVidGuy

Just received new 'Simplified Channel Guide' from Bell dated Nov. 1, 2005.

They are moving (or moved) a few channels around. Once change I don't understand is HD 829. Currently this channel shows full time HD content in a loop. New paper guide show a new channel called 'Barker Channel' at 829. Does anyone know about this service?

What will happen with the HD loop?

Also missing is the new HD Raptor channel on the guide

Nemnoch

any answer given about new channels and expected release dates would be rumour. bev has added foxnews. more channels can be expect in the future, other than that what other answers are you looking for?

nem, who says if you read the thread, i wouldn't have to be typing this

lprice99

I was under the impression that BEV has a capacity problem due to a lack of available transponder space. This excuse has often been used to explain why some additional channels that are requested cannot presently be carried.

atari8472

it is currently unknown where will Gol TV Canada end up when it comes out of the hiding. it's currently being tested on Nimiq82, hidden from receivers, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will stay there. (even though the odds are in favour)

do you see channels like EuroNews, Silver Screen Classic, Cool TV or PunchMuch listed in your guide ? (even as unsubscribed) ... if not then you are not receiving signal from Nimiq82

dirtyjeffer

no, that isn't correct...i posted long ago that the reason was a capacity issue...new channels will pop up, as FoxNews is coming in a couple of days, it might take a little longer until they get more capacity, that's all...trust me, there is no conspiracy against american channels...bell wants the added revenue from the new channels as much as the other providers do.

Van G

TJ77, thanks for the info. I'll see if I can get more the source to spit out some more substantial details.

And I confirmed with BEV CSR that they no longer have an additional receiver or 6 unit limit.

Q

$2.99 flat fee for the package I'm in.

Crash7

I called and requested TCM. I find it strange that Shaw has it now yet we don't.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information