Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How to Speed Up Android?

Anyone figure out how to stop apps from starting up at boot? I'll try the 528/528 setting after the workday.

How to Speed Up Android?

I just did the 528/528. I was afraid to, but Jaceman and LazyGenius have both proven themselves to me and their contributions to this thread made me try it. Seems to actually work pretty well. Not huge, but noticeable. Even my videos come out less choppy than before (still choppy, just less than before )

How to Speed Up Android?

I haven't noticed a difference in battery life rather I throttle back or speed it up, but I do notice differences in performance. When you add all of that up, that is why I keep mine set to 528/528 all of the time. That being said, I stand by my original disclaimer: "Your mileage may vary."

I say that because, for me, it's a no brainer. The cpu is rated for a specificity of 528 mhz, so I don't see it as being overly "dangerous." I notice that setting the min/max values both to 528 renders the best performance, and I haven't noticed a hit (if there as been one, it's been minimal enough that I haven't taken notice) in battery life. I also noticed that when I set the minimum speed to 128 and kept the maximum speed at 528, I did not notice an increase in battery life either, but I did notice less performance than when both were set to 528.

Now, I don't have a cheat code that has unlocked the G1's debug menu allowing me to access "God mode," but I am pleased with where it's at. So, I keep it that way, because I'm the one who has to use it. I'm not making promises to anyone that they will observe the same findings I have, which is why I think that if they aren't afraid of the risk of "overclocking" that they should play around with the settings and find out what works best for THEM and not worry about what works best for JaceMan or DaYuMu.

My 2 cents!

How to Speed Up Android?

I'll take your recommendation JaceMan and check it out later today. Thanks!

Also, are there any known "memory hog" apps out there to stay away from/uninstall?

How to Speed Up Android?

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to Speed Up Android?

Oh, you were playing one of those games where you had to press Select huh?

How to Speed Up Android?

an app called swapper can help too..

How to Speed Up Android?

make sure to reboot before using, u kno just to make sure uve cleaned up

528/528 here. works great, like jace said i dont see a real diff in batt life and im still using the reg batt, i think jace has an extended

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to Speed Up Android?

TheJuan said:
    I does if you download and install the test version from the kolbysoft website:
    http://kolbysoft.com/downloads.html
    I'm not rooted, just did the manual Cupcake update, but the Steel beta has been working just fine.

How to Speed Up Android?

Can you make Steel the default browser (so if you click a link in an email, it opens Steel instead of regular browser?)

I hate to get off topic but this thread is really active right now. Can you please answer the following:
    How do you copy/paste from an email that you are reading and from a website? Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information