Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Iphone - vs. Eris vs. Omnia II: User Going back to VZW - HELP

Thanks all. Tried the imagio in the store and could not get the typing going at all. My speed was dreadful. Trying the eros out. Cannot believe audible does no work onthe hingthat is crazy. Oh well back to two device life sigh

I would take the Droid. Can't beat browsing on a 3.7" screen, have alternative physical keyboard though the screen one is excellent. You also have a trackpad to navigate the screen, which is an advantage if you got a virtual keyboard on the screen. On top of both a physical and a software keyboard, you can use voice commands for search.

thanks for all the help. went with the eris. seems like it suited my needs well minus some additional changes. what ireally wanted was the hardware of the imagio with the eris touchscreen. I guess that is a handset on the way so i will just flip the eris to my wife and get that when it comes out.

so far i am pleasently surprised by the eris. smaller than iphone which i like.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am extremely curious to see how this pans out for you. I hope that it works, but am not sure that you will be satisfied with the experience overall.

me too. will update thread after i put the thing through its paces and newness wears off. Nothing will replace the iphone which really did it all (for me at least), but the ATT network is seriously a joke. the fact that it is terrible in NYC and Las Vegas (confirmed both those locals drop tons of call), is ridiculous.

Anyone considering ATT i strongly warn you against it. dropped calls to me is completely unacceptable.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Both the Imagio and the Eris share the same guts. That's how HTC makes phones so quick. They have a base reference design, makes a few changes here and there, load this and that, and wallah, a horde of Windows Mobile and Android phones.

The biggest physical differences between Androids and Windows Mobiles are the buttons and the touch screen which is always capacitive for Android.

Hey Duncanhoo, you need to change your provider in your UserCP from Cingular to Verizon!

R

Glad you're happy with the Eris, Duncan.

Eris update
    Phone is excellent and almost as user friendly as the the iphone.
    The system takes some getting used to and is definitely not as user friendly as iphone
    Dont miss the apps from apple too much since many are pretty useless and novelties more than anything.
    Smaller size is great
    but cant approach the speed i had on the iphone yet typing (i could fly)
    Integration of contacts with email/texts much better on eris for sure.
    Eris has a MAJOR bug thought - the sms application does not allowthe phone to sleep wasting the battery in hours from a full charge. I was able to fix this with hours of work.
    In addition, the bluetooth has issues that are pretty annoying.

Satisfied is more like it. Quite frankly i was happiest on any of the nokia phones (e71). None of these smartphones have figured out the battery yet. I think the eris and/or berries are still the only halfway decent phones on verizon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information