Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Shows You're Surprised Were Made

Or a slow-paced retelling of the books and movies.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Class of 3000. The thought of andre 3000 making a cartoon was a big surprise.

Outside of Scott Menville's annoying Shaggy knock off, the show's actually surprisingly good. Plus the show had a series finale, a first for a Scooby Doo show, meaning Shag and Scoob can rejoin the gang whenever WB decides to do a new show.

Another show I'm shocked got made: Beetlejuice. Don't get me wrong, I loved, loved, LOVED, this show and desperately want it on DVD, but looking at the movie, how did they see that as Saturday morning potential?

Pretty much about 1/3 of the Hanna-Barbera shows in the 70's, and some in the 80's. The Robonic Stooges...The Chan Clan.

WTF?!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was very surprised to see a new series of Biker Mice from Mars last year. Especially since it's at least 10 years since the first one and they kept the continuity.

The Simpsons weren't on a talk show, it was a sketch comedy show.

I'm surprised about 95% of the cartoons these days. With the exception of Spongebob, Fairly Oddparents, Danny Phantom, and Avatar most cartoons these days would have been cancelled within a month back in the `90s.

"Sorry guys, this is an emergency. I'm Chuck Norris..."

Ugh. Little Rosey.

Let's take a loud, arrogant, brash sitcom star and center her in a cutesy cartoon.

Little Shop made no sense at all. Audrey II was a man-eating plant who pretty much ate the entire human cast in the original Corman film and Broadway musical (the film had Seymore and Audrey alive at the end because test audiences didn't like the gloomy plant takes over the world ending).

But Attack of the Killer Tomatoes I liked. I even liked that the one live-action sequel actually incorporated some of the series elements in it.

You mean the new Biker Mice From Mars series is already made? And it's on the air?!? Dang E/I regulations killing real syndication . . .

Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N' Wrestling. What a nutty concept: Hulk Hogan and his WWF slam banging buddies as cartoon characters having wacky misadventures.

Not a cartoon, but nonetheless, an "out there" idea: Going Bananas: An orangutan named Roxanna Banana gets super powers after being zapped by a UFO. Even for 1980s Saturday morning, that premise was wacky.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information